Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > Clinics/Performances
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2004, 02:20 PM   #1
Lad.

North Canton clinic : what will Virgil go over?

If indeed I go to the North Canton clinic that Virgil will be having, what all will he go over? I've never been to a clinic before, and this will be my first one. What will it be like?
Old 04-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #2
Christopher
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lad.
If indeed I go to the North Canton clinic that Virgil will be having, what all will he go over? I've never been to a clinic before, and this will be my first one. What will it be like?

Hey Lad,

Virgil normally goes in and solos for about 20-25 (on average) and then answers a few questions from the crowd. Once that's done, he goes right ahead and plays to some backing tracks picked by him or by request from the fans.

Recently he's had a lot of mini-masterclasses where he brings in some of his charts and explains some drumming concepts. There are some discussions about his clinics in this forum as well. You can even find some charts here too!

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:55 PM   #3
Lad.

It does help, but one last thing.
What is the admission for the clinic if any? If it requires tickets, how much do they cost? Thank you
Old 04-07-2004, 05:34 AM   #4
stapper15

well im going to the tampa clinic and it is my first one as well, i paid $145 in all. $10 for the clinic its self, 35 for the mini master classes and $100 for a private lesson with virgil.

stapper
Old 04-07-2004, 06:00 AM   #5
jsuplicki

For the North Canton clinic I received by mail the tickets for free! The tickets are complimentary by calling 330.499.1198. Here is the link on the clinic if this helps you out any.

http://www.zampinos.com/news.php

I believe he said they have limited seating. I would call or e-mail if you are travelling far like me...4+hr drive out of Buffalo, NY or have any other questions.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:31 AM   #6
Lad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuplicki
For the North Canton clinic I received by mail the tickets for free! The tickets are complimentary by calling 330.499.1198. Here is the link on the clinic if this helps you out any.

http://www.zampinos.com/news.php

I believe he said they have limited seating. I would call or e-mail if you are travelling far like me...4+hr drive out of Buffalo, NY or have any other questions.

Well holy hell I'd better be calling and getting some tickets soon or I'll be **** outta luck.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:19 PM   #7
Lad.

Looks like I snagged some tickets so I'll be good to go!
Can't wait til' Tuesday.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:21 PM   #8
Lad.

It's tuesday, and looks like I can't go now since my Brother is a swell guy.
Four Virgil tickets gone to waste.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:30 PM   #9
Christopher
Administrator

You have to make it somehow. Find someone to carpool with. I promise you this isnt something you can miss.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:27 PM   #10
Lad.

Chris, my brother has the tickets. I don't know where the hell they are.
I have a friend named Quint who still wanted to go, but I don't think it'll happen because I can't find the tickets.
Old 04-13-2004, 08:00 PM   #11
Lad.

Lightbulb

HAH!
I made it to the clinic!
Black leather jacket, green masterworks shirt, THAT WAS ME, watching Virgil.
Har har, even got a brand new signed snare head from virgil.
We barely made it in time to watch most of the action but we got there nonetheless.
All thanks to Quint.