User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2003, 02:30 PM   #1
Virgil
Administrator

Tonight at the Baked Potato...

Hey Friends,

I forgot to mention in my tour dates page that we will be playing at the Baked Potato in Hollywood tonight (July 18th). By 'we' I mean:

Tony MacAlpine (guitar)
Steve Weingart (keys)
Ric Fierabracci (bass)
Virgil Donati (drums)

Sorry for the last minute notice, but I just figured I should let you guys know. See you all there!

By the way, thanks for all the interesting posts on the message board so far!

Cheers!

Virgil
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 06:53 PM   #2
DoubleBass_Rob

Why must I be stuck here in Australia , I'm missing all the cool gigs
Old 07-18-2003, 08:48 PM   #3
v1rotate

Why am I stuck here in Scotland, IS there even any good gigs here!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:40 PM   #4
mike portnoy

yup!!go to some good ol traditional scottish bagpipes performance!! LOL!! nah really, had a friend who wen to scotland...Very nice place but never really heard of any gigs there!!
Old 07-19-2003, 02:14 AM   #5
rythmtroll

HOLY **** I JUST SAW THE VIRGIL DONATI BAND AT THE BAKED POTATO. AND AS USUAL VIRGIL RIPPED IT UP. HE PLAYED "ALIEN HIP HOP" AND MANY OTHERS. OH YEAH !!!! A NEW STRAIGHT AHEAD FAST AS **** JAZZ TUNE CALLED "MIND OVER" AND SO FABULOUS WAS IT. TALKED TO HIM AFTER AND WE HAD A NICE CHAT ABOUT "GROUND ZERO" AND "MY BROKEN HAND".(I really do have a broken hand, its not the name of a PLANET X song). AND IF YOU WERE'NT THERE THAN I HAVE TO TELL YOU ....HA! HA! HA! YOU MISSED OUT ON A FANTASTIC PERFORMANCE AND I DID'NT. NEXT SHOW IS AUGUST 1ST AND 2ND AT THE BAKED POTATO RIGHT OFF LANKERSHIM AND CAHUENGA .BE THERE OR ROT IN HELL WHILE LISTENING TO LARS ULRICH PLAY TO YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY. RYTHMTROLL@YAHOO.COM HERE SAYING GOODBYE TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT. LISTEN TO VIRGIL........ PEACE+
Old 07-19-2003, 02:22 AM   #6
v1rotate

Nice one rythmtroll, it's been awhile since I've seen Virg play but I'm blown away everytime I see him. It sort of has that effect. Even when he plays straight ahead it's a killer (Southern Sons/Lungfish). Last gig I saw was the "OTV" gig in Richmond in Melbourne Oz, Phil Turcio was also a killer, such a great musical talent and great songwriter.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
jimi

Wow!! That's the kinda gig i'm saving up to go to sometime, but there never seems to be enough notice to be able to book a flight and hotel and actually find out where the famed Baked Potato is. Glad you enjoyed it rythmtroll
Old 07-22-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
rythmtroll

ANYONE READING THIS IN THE STUDIO CITY AREA SHOULD DEFINITLY MAKE AN EFFORT TO COME SEE VIRGIL AND FRIENDS AT THE BAKED POTATO AUGUST 1st &2nd. COMMON I WANT TO SEE THAT PLACED FILLED. AND SO DOES HE. I CAN TELL THAT HE REALLY APPRECIATES A LARGE CROWED. THE PATATO WAS JAMMED PACKED WHEN I SAW IN THERE . ALMOST HARD TO BREATH. SO IF YOU MAKE IT TO THE SHOW, TRY NOT TO BREATH TOO HARD. HE NEEDS ALL THE OXYGEN HE CAN GET! AND IF YOUR READING THIS MR.DONATI, IM THE KID WITH THE BROKEN LEFT 5th MEDATARSOL IN MY HAND. THANKS ALOT FOR SIGNING MY CAST!
Old 07-24-2003, 03:04 AM   #9
TUDW

that sucks, im 15, and never have i seen virgil live part when 1 was 14 when i saw him at TUDW2002 on sunday. When is or better yet will he ever come home, just for 1 or 2 concerts? dont disapoint us. Ur a lucky bastard rythmtroll, considered urself very lucky and privilged (is that how u spell it?) any way, catch u later

from the clubs of melbourne
Old 07-28-2003, 10:42 AM   #10
rythmtroll

Sorry about the curse words. Im a troll what can I say. No more ba words I promise. Sorry Mr. Donati but I will be at the "Baked Potato" gigs on the 1st & 2nd. I ve got a broken hand but my right one will be groovin and keeping time with you. later. rythmtroll here signing out.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:45 AM   #11
rythmtroll

And yes Im very greatful for being able to enjoy his performance. I'll watch the show with you in mind TUDW. If that makes you feel better.
Old 01-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #12
jess_s_domain

Wink

[QUOTE=DoubleBass_Rob]Why must I be stuck here in Australia , I'm missing all the cool gigs[/QUOTE

Dear Rob,
Awwww, I'm sorry you're stuck in Australia. What brings you that way? Just curious. Well, the music world will be waiting for you when you come back and with even more and better stuff.

Have fun while you're down under,
Jessica~~~
Old 01-24-2004, 04:09 AM   #13
STRAT

Hey Virgil, you need to bring that Fusion stuff out east like NYC, Well maybe you should wait to spring or summer. This winter has really sucked so far, More snow on the way Monday!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:45 AM   #14
Christopher
Administrator

Just incase people dont know, this is a pretty old thread from way back in July. It's funny that someone just revived it

Cheers!
Old 01-28-2004, 01:20 AM   #15
Mack N Drum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher
Just incase people dont know, this is a pretty old thread from way back in July. It's funny that someone just revived it

Cheers!

Yeah! I'm just like, "What the heck?"