Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #1
alencore
Drum Therapist

What can I say to this kid?

I met this kid on some jamming session with some new friends and then I let the kid has his turn on the drum throne unfortunately I think he was trying to impress me by playing tons of feels, double time or whatever **** he was trying to pull out on top of a freakin love song tune...ROTFL! I also learned he told the guys in his own word, "Ahh kaya ko sya." - Ahh I can beat him. WTF?! .....hehehe so guys pls be my guide on how will I teach this kid the essence of playing music and even some maturity.
Don't wanna break his heart as what I did to other aspiring airheads in the past, LOL!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 12:31 PM   #2
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
dude, immature ppl r all over the ****ing place!! i cant ****ing stand em!! ahhhh!!

well, y dont u just give the kid lessons! unless he really thinks he's better than u. i have a kid like that in my own grade. one of those neil peart worshipers, u know how it goes. eh..
vdreignsuponus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:52 PM   #3
alencore
Drum Therapist

LOL! yeah those bastards!

well, funny thing is the guys suddenly shifted to play a cute tune since two chicks went inside the studio to watch and listen and my poor proxy was all gung ho to play all his licks of doom so he just decided "ahh WTF! i'll blew them away on my chops whatever song they are playing"....LOL.......ROTFL!!!! The chicks got irratated and went out.
Then I took the sticks after letting him finish his cardio vascular work out on the drums and ask the guys to play "cowboys from hell" and luckily the chicks came back...believe it or not. May be I'm cutter......eeeeeeKKKKK!!!!

Last edited by alencore : 03-05-2004 at 12:58 PM.
alencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #4
MaltBuddow3
Alicia Keys husband to be

lars ulrich

Last edited by MaltBuddow3 : 02-12-2013 at 11:17 PM.
MaltBuddow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #5
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
i was at one of those ppl's houses and i was playing on their set, casually. i was playing along to this one song the guys made up and then out of nowhere he stopped me and said "let me show u how its done!" he played it and then added all of those stupid, rediculous, fast, made no sense, fills! i mean, i just wanted to smack him in the face!! (this is the neil peart worshiper). to this day, he still thinks he's better than me, but i have a show late this month and he'll finally realize he's just a ****ing punk who's immature and will never make it as a musician in life!! hahaha u stupid ****er!! hahaha!!
Old 03-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #6
Milo Porto
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alencore
I met this kid on some jamming session with some new friends and then I let the kid has his turn on the drum throne unfortunately I think he was trying to impress me by playing tons of feels, double time or whatever **** he was trying to pull out on top of a freakin love song tune...ROTFL! I also learned he told the guys in his own word, "Ahh kaya ko sya." - Ahh I can beat him. WTF?! .....hehehe so guys pls be my guide on how will I teach this kid the essence of playing music and even some maturity.
Don't wanna break his heart as what I did to other aspiring airheads in the past, LOL!!!

hmmm in htese situations..i normally just tellhim one simple saying ..........that sometimes in certain songs LESS IS MORE if he still cant get it..then its his loss..! BUT he will learn in good time...in good time..!

www.myspace.com/brandonkhoo

http://www.mapexdrums.com/artists/S...io_Brandon.html

There's nothing for you to fight against, You're so unreal it's evident, You'll never be one of our kind
This ain't yours, **** you don't try, again we will rise! - lamb of god
Milo Porto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:10 AM   #7
Jyty

Don`t EVER think that you`re better or worse than someone!! There`s no point of starting competition. After all, music is about transferring your feel to the audience. Do you really wan`t to make people feel bad? Even though I play metal, I never try to look angry to the audience. They come to look at us, so why be mad at them? They pay the tickets that pay our fee....
Old 03-06-2004, 04:29 AM   #8
alencore
Drum Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltBuddow3
I've had that happen.... just turn the other cheek and dont say anything to him about it. At the talent show one year this kid, suposedly really good, but I hadnt heard him play, wanted to play my brand new $3000 Phattie custom kit!!! Now like I said, I had heard he was good, but what he specialized in was PUNK... no way that kid was gonna bash my kit to crap. So I told him no and apparently now him and all his buds think I'm some kinda stuck up choad face. There's just nothing you can say. Let the playing speak for itself..... and then play a solo!!! Oh yeah, that guys "crew" got mad cause they said after I won the solo competition another year that all I played was double strokes.... once again, nothing you can say to it.

Damn, some ppl are just so unreal. Glad MaltBuddow3 showed them what's real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdreignsuponus1
was at one of those ppl's houses and i was playing on their set, casually. i was playing along to this one song the guys made up and then out of nowhere he stopped me and said "let me show u how its done!" he played it and then added all of those stupid, rediculous, fast, made no sense, fills! i mean, i just wanted to smack him in the face!! (this is the neil peart worshiper). to this day, he still thinks he's better than me, but i have a show late this month and he'll finally realize he's just a ****ing punk who's immature and will never make it as a musician in life!! hahaha u stupid ****er!! hahaha!!

ooh show him whose the man on your upcoming show, vdreignsuponus1! Rock On!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Porto
hmmm in htese situations..i normally just tellhim one simple saying ..........that sometimes in certain songs LESS IS MORE if he still cant get it..then its his loss..! BUT he will learn in good time...in good time..!

I totally agree Milo. I to was immature once but thank god not as worse as this kid is at the moment. This kid is really wild though, he slammed really hard as we played that Pantera tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyty
Don`t EVER think that you`re better or worse than someone!! There`s no point of starting competition. After all, music is about transferring your feel to the audience. Do you really wan`t to make people feel bad? Even though I play metal, I never try to look angry to the audience. They come to look at us, so why be mad at them? They pay the tickets that pay our fee...

yeah its about playing off the audience energy and when its time to play a love song play it as if you're totally inlove to your sexy bass player's butt...LOL. well i mean is to play with enough soul. Though I do show I'm kinda angry when I play aggresive trashy stuff. Actually it's a stress out expression coz you're playing hard and fast eh.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:28 AM   #9
Milo Porto
Executive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alencore
Damn, some ppl are just so unreal. Glad MaltBuddow3 showed them what's real.

ooh show him whose the man on your upcoming show, vdreignsuponus1! Rock On!!!

I totally agree Milo. I to was immature once but thank god not as worse as this kid is at the moment. This kid is really wild though, he slammed really hard as we played that Pantera tune.

yeah its about playing off the audience energy and when its time to play a love song play it as if you're totally inlove to your sexy bass player's butt...LOL. well i mean is to play with enough soul. Though I do show I'm kinda angry when I play aggresive trashy stuff. Actually it's a stress out expression coz you're playing hard and fast eh.

yeah...my favs are slayers ANGEL OF DEATH, BATTERY, DAMAGE INC just to name a few!!

There's nothing for you to fight against, You're so unreal it's evident, You'll never be one of our kind
Old 03-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #10
vdreignsuponus1

milo porto, i used to be the BIGGEST slayer fan in the world. i looked at dave lombardo as a god! especially when i first heard war ensemble. my first slayer song was dead skin mask, after that, i fell in love with theyre hardcoreness!!!

im not really that big of a slayer fan anymore..

by the way..dave lombardo will always reign upon paul..dave is the true keeper of slayer..forever and always..
Old 03-08-2004, 07:26 PM   #11
Milo Porto
Executive Member

Quote:
milo porto, i used to be the BIGGEST slayer fan in the world. i looked at dave lombardo as a god! especially when i first heard war ensemble. my first slayer song was dead skin mask, after that, i fell in love with theyre hardcoreness!!!

im not really that big of a slayer fan anymore..

by the way..dave lombardo will always reign upon paul..dave is the true keeper of slayer..forever and always..

vdreignsuponus1 i love dave lombardo too BUT i do find that paul bostaph was very creative in the 'god hates us all' album.....as much as dave was fast *not as fast as virg though* i find creativity beats speed anytime..!
whereas virg is fast AND creative..thats why virg is god!!

Old 03-10-2004, 03:06 AM   #12
vdreignsuponus1

ah, sry, i just always thought of paul as a replacement..

have u ever heard dave lombardo's "vivaldi: the meeting"..?? (i own it).
Old 03-10-2004, 04:59 AM   #13
Milo Porto
Executive Member

Quote:
ah, sry, i just always thought of paul as a replacement..

have u ever heard dave lombardo's "vivaldi: the meeting"..?? (i own it).

nope..hows it???

Old 03-10-2004, 11:29 AM   #14
alencore
Drum Therapist

well, I can't relate to Slayer, i'm such a wuss to listen to them...wwuhhhh...i'm soooo afraid of slayer...
alencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 12:18 PM   #15
vdreignsuponus1

it's all classical. which i thought as funny because..the drummer of slayer..playing classical music. (yeah, u know u wanna laugh)! it really is amazing. there's a lot of creativity going on being as he's drumming to either classical, symphonic, or opera pieces. so majority of it is put into soloing, u know how that goes. well..eh..its hard to explain really..

it kinda sounds like the normal mozart only with a hardcore set drummer!! whats not awesome about that!!