Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #1
kirk

couple clips of Virgil on shadrane project

Virgil laid down some tracks for a new project-album called Shadrane. One clip has been around awhile but there is another added. It is very progressive metal. A pretty interesting sound going on. The clips are rough cut not mixed at all and fairly short. But Virg still kicks tail! He makes the other drummers sound like, WELL they need to go work on their hands and not just their feet, Virgil's command of metric modulation and his amazing phrasing are present even in the short rough clips. Will look forward to hear the finished product.
Go to www.shadrane.com and click on audio, you will see a number of clips to listen to.

Kirk

Last edited by kirk : 02-15-2004 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:35 PM   #2
kirk

when you click on www.shadrane.com it will automatically redirect you to Vivien lalu's website, then click on audio there.

Kirk
Old 02-15-2004, 03:54 AM   #3
jimi

listening to it right now, and it's really good. I dont know what to compare it to really, and yes, i hope its released soon! How would you describe it??
Old 02-15-2004, 07:33 AM   #4
kirk

It is not neo-classical dominated and Thank Goodness! It has some fairly original sound's going on from a compositional outlook. The tracks Virgil plays on sound WAY more progressive than the others as you might expect, VIV no doubt took into account who would be laying down the drum tracks. It is Metal no doubt in many way's with a nice fresh progressive element. A little fusion touch here and there but from the ROCK side of thing's not the Jazz side. Will be interesting to here the finished product.

Kirk
Old 02-15-2004, 09:09 AM   #5
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
WOW! this is the first time ive ever heard them. even though its just sound clips, theyre offly amazing! especially the virgil clips and the mike terrana clip. wow, thats really awesome! compliments, compliments!
vdreignsuponus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 05:27 AM   #6
Smellymetal

Send a message via MSN to Smellymetal
WOW. THIS is the reason why we work 18 hours a day and try to achieve a cool album in despite of all the difficulties. Thanks guyz
Smellymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 08:20 AM   #7
jsuplicki

Totally amazing! The Virgil tracks have a Meshuggah feel to them especially the first one. Every sound clip was very refreshing to hear. I can't wait for the final product to be released! Add another fan to the list
Old 04-10-2004, 10:56 AM   #8
boo berry

This stuff is incredible, i really hope to hear more of it! I think shadrane could easily be my new favorite band.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:27 AM   #9
Smellymetal

Wow thanks, o.k. now we don't have to mess LoL There's is two NEW knives on our throats as I can see
Old 04-12-2004, 06:17 AM   #10
Yull

Shadrane will be the next generation music experience and it will probably be unforgettable
Old 04-13-2004, 11:32 AM   #11
Smellymetal

Hey Yull - Bro' - Arent you a little too much "optimistic", or is that you being ironical again?

Last edited by Shadranist : 04-14-2004 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Yull is my little bro' surfing on Internet...please excuse him LoL