Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2004, 04:32 PM   #1
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
so near the end..

i swear to god guys...i just...cant take it anymore

the only thing keeping me strait is music and drumming..

i'm hanging on by a thread..
vdreignsuponus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 05:36 PM   #2
MaltBuddow3
Alicia Keys husband to be

lars ulrich

Last edited by MaltBuddow3 : 02-12-2013 at 11:51 PM.
MaltBuddow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:24 PM   #3
Xen-

Oh yeah. Girls really are bad.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
quitou

As the song says, "Don't worry, be happy"
Old 02-02-2004, 10:32 PM   #5
Lucius

Well I second everything said, If it is school, f**k it, I did nothing in school, got terrible marks the whole way, but somehow passed (dont friggin ask me how!) now I have left, Im playing drums and doing what I wanna do, school is never mentioned! But dont forget what your in life for, these stupid obstacles that come arcoss us, are exactly that, stupid obstacles, but listen to Mr Buddow, dont bottle things in, and dont let things get you down! Hope this helps man!

Last edited by Lucius : 02-02-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:12 AM   #6
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
whoa whoa whoa! im 15 years old, life obviously isnt going the way i want it. course, never is, but its soo much worse than usual. i cant explain it. i just wanna be far far away..

Last edited by vdreignsuponus1 : 02-03-2004 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 03:33 AM   #7
morgenthaler
Administrator

Hey vdreignsuponus1!

If you give us some small clues or guidelines to where you are in your life,- I am pretty confident you'll get some good feedback from some of the older and wiser guys here. I am just 26 myself, but guys like Peter & Kirk will have alot to offer to you I am sure.

I struggled alot with my self-confidence when I was younger, but I worked it out,- largely through help from some guys and friends who are all older than me.
Give it a shot,- we might have something to offer!

Take care of yourself!
Regards,
Jeppe
Old 02-03-2004, 04:46 AM   #8
bootdogs

I'd be curious about this myself...
Old 02-03-2004, 06:34 AM   #9
stapper15

Hey vdreignsuponus1, i understand what your going through im 15 to.

stapper
Old 02-03-2004, 09:27 AM   #10
alencore
Drum Therapist

just hang in there vdreignsuponus1. yeah, just focus yourself on things that really matter to you. those things pissing you off are just stuff to spice up your life so just deal with it like a man.
alencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2004, 10:10 AM   #11
kirk

Hey VDreignsuponus, keep your head up. And if you would like to talk one on one I would be more than glad to do that just message me . I am 36 years old and have been through some BAD!! times and I have found out many things along the way and one is NOTHING in life is insurmountable nothing! The struggles are great at times but LIFE is still precious and awesome and it is a gift. I am not going to get religious on you but speak something to you that is sincere to me and I believe true, LIFE IS NOT an accident, you are here for a reason and a purpose and your life matters and it matters to other people. I have come to this conclusion because of what I have walked through and have come out the other side. The struggles of life can be hard but there is MUCH joy and beauty and fullfillment and many great things that come our way there at the same time and it is true and not a cliche that the struggles if we perservere and keep our heads and hearts open they DO!!! make us stronger and better people no DOUBT about that. It has happened to me.

Look at music, you think that music is an accident no it is a gift also. Look at the power that music has it has the ability to pull people from the pit of despair or put them in the pit, it can lift up people and encourage in a way that nothing else can or it can be a negative influence, THAT is no accident. What all of us is involved in(music and drums) can be so inspirational and inspiring to others that sometimes it blows me away. It is not an accident. You have a gift to play the drums and make music and to use your abilities to encourage and inspire others to do the same, you think that is an accident NO WAY!!

Keep your head up and remember you are here to do great things no matter how hard life can be and not only to do great things help and affect yourself but that will help and affect and touch others along the way. Your life is a gift and your music and abilities are also remember that and I am not speaking a load of CRAP it is the truth, just message me if you want to talk more there are guy's here who care more than just about music and drumming your life matters MUCH more.

Take Care of yourself Kirk
Old 02-03-2004, 11:33 AM   #12
jonberg

Send a message via MSN to jonberg
I think we all sometime in our lives feel really misery, and in some way, thats good, because then you know how to feel good feels like.
Im 21 years old, not that experienced compared to other here, but I have had my "down-periods" as well...just remember (like some guys here already said) that were all in the same boat...were struggling with our lives, nothing is easy, so we must help eachother, just like we all here are trying to do. There are so many nice people on this board that would like to help you (me included) if they can.

Its good to hear that you have something to hold on to (music & drums), because a lot of people DONT have anything they can rely on, and that is really sad...
...so keep fighting vdreignsuponus1, take care and hope that you will feel better soon!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:26 PM   #13
vdreignsuponus1

because of what goes on everyday (the same damn thing) i become very depressed. u ever seen the movie "office space?" yeah, kinda like that, only everyday. that's not what majority of the problem is either. life kicking me in the balls, ppl getting me down, sudden family death (dad), mother and STEP father not going so well, and the list seems to go on. as a child, i had a huge affect on myself being as my parents couldnt get any worse. it got really brutal, horrific beatings of my mother. i really hit reality too soon at a 6 and 7 year old. i really got a huge clue of what was ahead. something i really didnt want to experience until i was older. i was always a ***** when it came to that stuff though. but i was 6, what could i do? i was useless. i had no say in how it could happen, nor could i do a damn thing about what was going on. i would often just stay with other ppl, avoid them as much as i could. and more of the story could be told, but ive already taken up enough space on this post..
Old 02-04-2004, 02:50 AM   #14
Drumblast

I suggest you keep drumming and do your music. Also, since your days are the same, I suggest you make a point of doing something different each day. Try studying for school, doing homework, then playing some new beat on the drums. Listen to a new song etc...
Also, get some professional help with a therapist.
Drumblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:05 AM   #15
morgenthaler
Administrator

It really does sound like your situation is a tuff one, vdreingsuponus1. What can I say,- hang in there, and I think Drumblast had a good point; try to take each day as a new chance, a new beginning, not necessarily being exactly the same as yesterday.
If you are into books, there are quite a number of books that can help you to get away, or simply focus on other stuff, than just your ordinary ****ty day. Books can be a great tool for that. I hope that your love to music also will help you focus on the more positive things in life. I know some people in similar situations as yours, and if you do have close friends around you, tell them exactly how you feel, - I am sure they will help you out in any way possible. It can be a tuff task, telling others about a ****ty situation, but it REALLY REALLY helps, to talk about it!! I think you came along way telling your fellow members here already!

Hope you feel better soon. We all have different downperiods in life,- for some, they last years,- for others they last days, weeks, or months. Yours obviously is a long hard one, but You WILL finally get through it! Keep up your spirit!

All the best,
Jeppe