Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2004, 01:43 PM   #1
jsuplicki

Question Instructional video?

I heard a rumor through the drumming community where I'm from that Virgil will be releasing an instructional video in the near future. Does anyone here know if this is true? Also, if it is, with what he provides in his master class(premium membership),will parts or all be included in this video?
Old 01-26-2004, 02:49 PM   #2
Christopher
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsuplicki
I heard a rumor through the drumming community where I'm from that Virgil will be releasing an instructional video in the near future. Does anyone here know if this is true? Also, if it is, with what he provides in his master class(premium membership),will parts or all be included in this video?

Where did you hear this rumor?

There is no instructional video/DVD that is planned in the near future. The premium membership is the most 'direct' way that fans could come to learn more about Virgil's drumming at the moment.

Maybe you have it mixed up with a Planet X/On The Virg transcription book that is in the works. This will be released thru Warner Bros sometime soon as well...

Hope that helps!

Cheers!
Old 01-26-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
bootdogs

My heart was racing there for a second!!
Old 01-26-2004, 11:19 PM   #4
Smirnoff

Actually with the premium membership and the masterclasses on this site, I don't really see a point in releasing instructional videos. This is the most fresh source of up-to-date information available from Virgil himself as he sees fit. Videos, while great for SOME stuff, are rather limited in the amount of new information they contain and tend to get a little stale after a while. This is a much less restricted medium in a way that it can always stay fresh as long as Virgil contributes to this.

Another thing is member discussions are a great way to expand this information's value even more. Some users have great things that expand upon the exercises, etc...
Old 01-27-2004, 01:37 AM   #5
Lucius

Right on Smirnoff!
Old 01-28-2004, 09:35 AM   #6
alencore
Drum Therapist

Well said Smirnoff.

Virgil's premium membership and even the open part of the forum is still much better coz of the interaction and exchange and sharing of drum stuff and ideas.
alencore is offline   Reply With Quote