Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > Clinics/Performances
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 04:45 PM   #1
facevisible
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 100
Virgil donati + Tmac on french TV!!

Hi everybody,

Myself living in France and more particularly in Paris, to my own surprise I saw a live gig of Michel Polnareff for free in Paris on July14th in front of the Eiffel Tower.

And do you know what?

TMac on Guitar, Virgil donati on drums, Bunny Bunuel on bass (doesn't that reminds you of CAB?) Mino cinellu on drums plus other musicians I forgot the name of (please forgive me).

I have known Michel Polnareff hits as my brothers and sisters used to listen to him, so did I.

All that to tell you that the gig was filmed for a french TV channel called "M6" brodcast on the same day at the same time.

And for those who weren't lucky enough it will be broadcast again on french free network TV called "TNT" on channel called "W9" on wednesday july 18th 2007 at about 8:30Pm

So don't miss them!!
bye for now.

fred.
facevisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:49 AM   #2
frank
Pornstar wannabe
 
frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,231
Send a message via MSN to frank
Nice! Somebody please record this and share?
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
Christopher
Administrator
 
Christopher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 897
__________________
Christopher Nalbandian
Virgildonati.com Webmaster
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
Matthias
Registered User
 
Matthias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,290
I'm envious! Wanna play in front of 500 000 and the Eiffel tower too !!!
__________________
"After all these years of playing, I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface!" Virgil Donati
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
frank
Pornstar wannabe
 
frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,231
Send a message via MSN to frank
Then log off NOW and practice your as$ off.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:12 AM   #6
Matthias
Registered User
 
Matthias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,290
hmmmmm....
__________________
"After all these years of playing, I still feel like I've barely scratched the surface!" Virgil Donati
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:53 PM   #7
Masterdrummer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 76
Unbelieveable....just dreaming....
Masterdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:43 PM   #8
facevisible
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterdrummer
Unbelieveable....just dreaming....


another link already posted on this forum in another thread here but...

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...ive-champ_music

Last edited by facevisible : 07-30-2007 at 09:44 AM.
facevisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:00 PM   #9
frank
Pornstar wannabe
 
frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,231
Send a message via MSN to frank
Link doesn't work.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:44 AM   #10
facevisible
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank
Link doesn't work.


Ok this one should:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevanc...ive-champ_music
facevisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:37 PM   #11
frank
Pornstar wannabe
 
frank's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,231
Send a message via MSN to frank
Awesome! The audio/video is not in sync though, a little annoying. But it's very cool to see those guys play in front of such an audience and at such a beautiful location! Thanks!
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #12
Vincent J.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Doesn't anyone think that Michel Polnaref kind of (please excuse my lack of subtlety and my disrespect) rapes those perfectly good musicians...
The way he's "rocking" out in front of them... It kinda makes me sick :/
He's not my cup of tea, at all
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #13
facevisible
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent J.
Doesn't anyone think that Michel Polnaref kind of (please excuse my lack of subtlety and my disrespect) rapes those perfectly good musicians...
The way he's "rocking" out in front of them... It kinda makes me sick :/
He's not my cup of tea, at all


You are entitled to your own opinion but about 600.000 french and foreign people came to hear him and sung and shouted and applauded and so on.

That was not a Tony or Virgil show, and I personally appreciate that when it is their time on stage they shine and when it is not they simply play the music.

To me a real pro, like they are, know when to be in front and make the show and knows when to stop being THE person to look at.

Frankly on this video when Tony solo Michel stays at the same place simply moving with the rythm. I think you may exaggerate a little, no?

But you have the right to not like him and his music
facevisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #14
cjcdrums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by facevisible
You are entitled to your own opinion but about 600.000 french and foreign people came to hear him and sung and shouted and applauded and so on.

That was not a Tony or Virgil show, and I personally appreciate that when it is their time on stage they shine and when it is not they simply play the music.

To me a real pro, like they are, know when to be in front and make the show and knows when to stop being THE person to look at.

Frankly on this video when Tony solo Michel stays at the same place simply moving with the rythm. I think you may exaggerate a little, no?

But you have the right to not like him and his music


I agree. Polnareff's music isn't my bag, but apparently he's got quite a few fans over there. Virgil and company really are consumate professionals, and their work with Polnareff is further evidence of that.

And what Polnareff's doing in this video is nothing I haven't seen done before, in fact compared to many of the acts over here it's pretty tame!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 AM   #15
facevisible
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcdrums
I agree. Polnareff's music isn't my bag, but apparently he's got quite a few fans over there. Virgil and company really are consumate professionals, and their work with Polnareff is further evidence of that.

And what Polnareff's doing in this video is nothing I haven't seen done before, in fact compared to many of the acts over here it's pretty tame!


Yes and something quite in passing...

Did you hear about the Devil Slingshot tour last year?
Virgil donati, tony macalpine, billy sheehan?

They are back in Paris in october (for other cities let's wait and see for the dates).

Yep man! a few hours of good music for our ears!

man it's gonna kick us! can't wait!!!!
facevisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virgil Rulezzz!!! Milo Porto General Chat 2 10-04-2003 02:08 PM
Virgil, I need to get in touch w/Brett Garsed Angel Rose General Chat 1 09-26-2003 11:06 AM
Virgil in Chicago, August 8th! peter Clinics/Performances 29 08-25-2003 07:47 AM
Virgil Donati Play-Along CD peter General Chat 19 08-10-2003 11:13 AM
Virgil Donati drumming in freakhouse... zoso General Chat 1 06-05-2003 02:36 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1997-2011 Virgildonati.com. Website created by Rudimental.