Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
RadZS

My First Endorsement!!

Hey guys, well I'm not going to lie, I'm super stoked right now. I am now a Mapex endorser. They have been great to deal with. I will post pics of my new kit(s) as soon as I can. Anybody else on here a Mapex fan?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #2
morgenthaler
Administrator

Congrats RadZS!!!!
WOW, that's huge!
Good on you!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:00 PM   #3
electrizer

umm, maybe this is a stupid question but what is endorsement based on? how does it work? i've had to do with that term many times and i know what's that but i'd like to know how it functions. anyone?
electrizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
Kinetic drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgenthaler
Congrats RadZS!!!!
WOW, that's huge!
Good on you!

i cant help it!! everytime i read or listen "thats huge" i immdiately think in dom famularo! lol

CONGRATS RADZS! SELL ME A CHEAPER MAPEX SET! :P just kiddin.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Matthias

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadZS
Hey guys, well I'm not going to lie, I'm super stoked right now. I am now a Mapex endorser. They have been great to deal with. I will post pics of my new kit(s) as soon as I can. Anybody else on here a Mapex fan?

Congratulations! Which country do you live in?
I'm a Mapex player !! My brand new kit is about to come in a few days or weeks! It'll be a coffee burst orion kit, 22" bass drum, 10", 12", 14" and 16" toms and a regular Black Panther snare - can't wait !!!
What do you have? Did you adress Mapex or did they come to you?
Old 08-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
Grzegorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by electrizer
umm, maybe this is a stupid question but what is endorsement based on? how does it work? i've had to do with that term many times and i know what's that but i'd like to know how it functions. anyone?

How is it possible to know what endorsement is and don't know how it functions at the same time? Simply - you're endorser = you've got stuff for free, or at least really big discount. There are many levels of endorsement.

RadZS - congratulations! Personally I like Mapex for its entry level and lower semi pro drums like Q, V, M and Pro M, but if I want semi pro or pro drums, I'll probably go for Pearl.

Last edited by Grzegorz : 08-11-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Grzegorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #7
yyzke

That's great news !! Definately a move in the right direction.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Matthias

Oh by the way, do you have some nice pictures of your gear?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:05 PM   #9
hemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grzegorz
How is it possible to know what endorsement is and don't know how it functions at the same time? Simply - you're endorser = you've got stuff for free, or at least really big discount. There are many levels of endorsement.

RadZS - congratulations! Personally I like Mapex for its entry level and lower semi pro drums like Q, V, M and Pro M, but if I want semi pro or pro drums, I'll probably go for Pearl.

Pro-M is not a semi-pro drum anymore Gregorz, this year they started using the Orion Shells on the Pro-M kits. The ONLy difference is the Orion will have a layer of Burlwood on them and some of the hardware is mounted differntly.

As for a Pro-kit, the Saturn is used by MANY professionals playing huge shows and audiences.

Another big advantage Mapex has over Pearls best is ALL Pearls drums have 2 holes drilled for each lug. Mapex has only one. And as we all know, that puts you closer to a more virgin drum. I didn't say that they are virgin drums, but you will have the advantage of not having all them nasty holes drilled in your shells.

Mapex has come a LOooooooong way and it shows.

A BIG congrats RadZS, you have a excellent sponsor and set of drums
Old 08-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #10
hemi

Here's some pics of my new 6 pc studio kit(About 2 months old), I also am waiting to pic up my new Saturn kit this Monday in Deep Cherry sparkle, another 6 piece studio kit So as you can tell, I'm a Mapex nut. Oh, you may be asking, why 2 kits, I want one for my home studio and one for gigging
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/1.jpg
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/2.jpg
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/4.jpg
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/5.jpg
Old 08-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #11
hemi

Here's a pic of the Deep cherry sparkle, this is not my kit. just the color it is. Enjoy

http://www.mopar100.com/drums/saturn.jpg
Old 08-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #12
hemi

One last thing-Joe Hibbs is a great guy The best people in the industry are with Mapex IMO!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:09 PM   #13
D. Slam

Send a message via AIM to D. Slam
Mapex is off the chain! Great drums! They're walnut inner shells sound KILLER!

Much congratulations, RadZs... That is truly a big deal... Shoot, it'd be a big deal for me just to get endorsed by a drumstick company, let alone a drum company! Good going, my man.

Hemi, I know we haven't seen eye to eye in the past, but beautiful kit, man! Congratulations to you also. I'd like to bury the hatchets (in someplace other than our heads) if that's alright with you.

D.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
hemi

Of course it's alright with me D.Slam Part of my apologies was directed at you
Old 08-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #15
RadZS

Yes I am very excitied about my future with Mapex. I have actually been talking with a few drum companies about endorsements. Being as I am 21, I was really looking for someone I can grow with. A couple of other companies offered deals, but Mapex wanted to grow with me. I actually don't have a Mapex kit right now, should be getting all that squared away by the end of the month. I will post pics of my set-up as soon as I get them. The good part is Mapex USA is only 20mins from my house! and yes hemi...Joe Hibbs is THE MAN!