Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > Clinics/Performances
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2003, 02:29 PM   #1
drumman

Question bootleg moonbabies tour cd?

what is this i hear? a BOOTLEG tou cd?!?! holy beans.... WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF THIS!?! lol, man is there anyway i could get this from someone? or if anyone knows where i could find it, oh DO TELL!!! ( i would really like to get the donati solo !!)

thanks.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #2
mauricio

Send a message via ICQ to mauricio
I believe there are more than just one bootleg floating around. That tour had more than 10 concerts if I remember correctly, so I guess at least half of these shows were taped in some form. You might even find some video bootlegs out there.
to contemplate it in all its brilliance.
In fact, what can there be in common between
the vile multitude and sublime wisdom?
The truth must be kept secret, and the masses need
a teaching proportioned to their imperfect reason.

Illustrious Albert Pike 33
Morals and Dogma, page 103
mauricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 10:48 AM   #3
Greg

hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumman
what is this i hear? a BOOTLEG tou cd?!?! holy beans.... WHY HAVENT I HEARD OF THIS!?! lol, man is there anyway i could get this from someone? or if anyone knows where i could find it, oh DO TELL!!! ( i would really like to get the donati solo !!)

thanks.

I know this bootleg. I saw in the net all concert album named "Planet X live from jaxx" this is album from 2002 Moonbabies tour. Now I try to download it, but this is very hard, because many people want it so the queue is big.
Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 AM   #4
jsuplicki

I was able to get the "live from Jaxx" show and anything Virgil is good. The quality out of 10 is about a 6.5. If your a bass player this would be the show to get 'cause the bass is totally at the forefront of the mix. Still it isn't bad for a bootleg, hey what do you want for free!
Old 02-24-2004, 03:18 PM   #5
8===8

hm the sound is good in this one,but not to powerful,especially the guitar. Looks that this one is the most popular moonbabies tour cd.
Old 03-07-2004, 07:03 AM   #6
Wojtek

ehh I really want to have it?
Where have you seen this bootleg???
Old 03-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #7
Miltos

Moon Babies Bootleg

I personally believe this is one of the best Planet X bootlegs someone can get - Ric Fierabracci is making the difference, "Quantum Factor" rocks badly, Virgil is giving an unbelievable performance, we are talking about 2 CDs, quiet good sound quality (i own Planet X bootlegs with worse sound quality than this) and if you take in mind that it's not an "official one" (just like the ones Derek was giving away a few years ago) then it is almost perfect. I listen to it very often and basically it's the only Planet X bootleg i listen so frequently the last year.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:27 AM   #8
Miltos

Making Of Moon Babies

I believe that you should give it a try to find and get the "Making Of Moon Babies" CDs - you will have the chance to find out how the whole album was really built/composed/recorded/done. It is really interesting listening to most of the songs only with drums and bass and just a few keyboard parts. But you will also have the chance to listen to the several different versions of "Vir 70" and some turns that Virgil did to this songs and which were cut in the final mix you know. I personally prefer "Vir 70" as it was played in the very beginning, but this is nothing more than my opinion.
Old 03-27-2004, 09:54 AM   #9
jimi

I have ****loads if anyone wants a trade!
Old 03-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #10
Miltos

Which do you think is the best or most interesting Planet X bootleg?
Old 03-29-2004, 04:41 AM   #11
jimi

i'm not sure, you talking just audio now? I like the PX @BP '99 bootleg for it's pure rawness and early PX/Sherinian tunes. I like the Bass/Drum jams from the '00 bootlegs, and i love the Jaxx 2CD for live Moonbabies tunes (great quality too!) My fav' PX vid has to be the buffalo NY gig, although the sofia TV broadcast was excellent aswell!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:56 AM   #12
Wojtek

Guys I need this duble CD recorded at JAXX during moonbabies tour.
how you have found this bootleg?????????
PLIZZZ help!
Old 03-31-2004, 07:05 AM   #13
Miltos

I agree about the Springfield double CD - i really like Ric's playing and sound. He is the best bassist for Planet X - have you seen him in the "Live At The Acropolis" Yanni DVD? He is just awesome, a great musician. I can't say i really listen so often to the BP 99 bootleg, mostly because of its low sound quality. I prefer watching the video you know.
Old 03-31-2004, 11:44 AM   #14
jimi

Hmmmm, i never thought BP '99 had a low quality sound, but this could purely be a drummers point of view! Off the top of my head, i'm sure it's quite similar to the video sound, but i haven't watched it in a while. Maybe i'll go check it in a while!
I haven't seen or heard Ric in any other music/bands other than with Virgil. That includes Gambale and Garsed/Helmerich also. I really love the chemistry between the two, and i don't think i wouldn't like some of his Ric's other work if i heard it too.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:39 PM   #15
Miltos

Ric is playing with YANNI the last 10 years and more ... you've got to watch the "Live At The Acropolis" video. The whole YANNI band is awesome - you've got to watch the drummer too (i don't remember his name at the moment, i am sorry).