Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > Drums & Drumming > Music and Everything Else
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2006, 09:38 PM   #1
mrnuclearpants

aux hat ideas???

I found the top half of my old hi-hat stand the other day and want to make use of it. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas on what type of cymbals i could use? A regular secondary hi-hat would be nice, but id like to try something different, ive seen pics of chinas and other kinds of cymbals mixed together. Im too poor to go out and buy cymbals and experiment, so I was wondering if you guys had any cool ideas. I was thinking trashy and washy, but ill dig any ideas.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
filus

You can try a small china on top of a crash.

I use the Mike Portnoy Stax signature 10" model and it's very nice.

thats my suggestion!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
Markdude465

I would go the other way around - splash on top of china - with a bit of space so as to get some sizzle. And yes, the MP thingies are really cool, but for something that basically goes "chks" all its life, it's pretty expensive. Just go get some wuhans for twelve bucks