Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > Drums & Drumming > Music and Everything Else
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
IronCobraMan

guess who jus bought a new pair of longboards!!!

i officially own a pair of bad ass all black axis longboards..... Fukin smooth! super fast....super powerful...superman...superbowl...i might have to change my name to LongBoardMan

ya thats right ...be jealous

i fixed em up and set em up on my bassdrum today.... 250 bpm was NOTHING....i was able to push 280 bpm for a good 5 seconds.....no jokes bros.... now i can see why tim waterson, derek roddy, pete sandoval and any speed guy uses em....

altho i will keep my work out routines etc on my cobras to keep my muscles conditioned to a heavy pedal with no tension....and my axis will have medium tension.....i was FLYING on them today....like a fairy princess!

Last edited by IronCobraMan : 08-13-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
Seaborn

Super Death Metal Longboard Fairy Princess
You have to make a new vid now..
Old 08-13-2005, 01:09 AM   #3
IronCobraMan

dude....next big show i play...im gonna so build myself a pink fairy suit with little sparkling wings and put little stars at the tip of my sticks....and fukin blast like a maniac

that is so happening!

Last edited by IronCobraMan : 08-13-2005 at 02:28 AM.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:17 AM   #4
C.J.

Make sure you take some pics of that suit (with you in it of course). I gotta see that!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you bank those black speed plates?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
percusski

I've had longboards for a while (years) and am still playing with the settings. How have you set them up initially i.e. the variable lever, beater hights/lengths etc. Also out of interest when playing fast singles how far down the pedals do find your feet ending up, have you noticed that they are further down the pedal compared to the cobras?
percusski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #6
alencore
Drum Therapist

we gotta vids of these new toy of the princess fairy in action!
alencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #7
mont_man22

LUCKYYYYYY tell me how they are I might be getting a pair myself!!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
IronCobraMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by percusski
I've had longboards for a while (years) and am still playing with the settings. How have you set them up initially i.e. the variable lever, beater hights/lengths etc. Also out of interest when playing fast singles how far down the pedals do find your feet ending up, have you noticed that they are further down the pedal compared to the cobras?

the variable lever is almost way up to the top....and my sonic hammers are pretty high up....i tried to reproduce my iron cobra settings (except for spring tension) .... when im playing, the ball of my toe if right on the tip of the A of axis....but when im playing flatfooted i go down a little more, where the tip of my toes are touching the end the A....i kindda play the same distance on the plate as i would on my cobra.... because my cobra spring tension was almost on 0 ...so they were super light to begin with...so adapting to the longboards took me about 1 minute...
Old 08-13-2005, 02:24 PM   #9
roxz

Yo Dslam!!!

ICM DID IT

250 BPM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #10
D. Slam

Send a message via AIM to D. Slam
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobraMan
i officially own a pair of bad ass all black axis longboards..... Fukin smooth! super fast....super powerful...superman...superbowl...i might have to change my name to LongBoardMan

ya thats right ...be jealous

i fixed em up and set em up on my bassdrum today.... 250 bpm was NOTHING....i was able to push 280 bpm for a good 5 seconds.....no jokes bros.... now i can see why tim waterson, derek roddy, pete sandoval and any speed guy uses em....

altho i will keep my work out routines etc on my cobras to keep my muscles conditioned to a heavy pedal with no tension....and my axis will have medium tension.....i was FLYING on them today....like a fairy princess!

ICM,

There you go man! Iron Cobras kick, but Axis A's kicks em all. I knew once you tried them, you'd be hooked. The only reason I didn't get the black ones is because they show wear on the footboards and tend to start looking a bit ugly where the stainless brushed aluminum one don't. Mine still look as good as the day I bought them and I play the heck out of em.

Congradulations, man! I knew you'd love them.

D.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #11
D. Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxz
Yo Dslam!!!

ICM DID IT

250 BPM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, and should he decide to change those heavy sonic hammers, he'll REALLY fly!
Old 08-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #12
IronCobraMan

i like the sonic hammers
Old 08-13-2005, 08:43 PM   #13
Bostic

I knew you would cave in and get some Axis pedals. Every person that makes fun of them eventually breaks down and buys them. I've seen it on numerous message boards over the years. It's like Ben Kenobi telling Luke in Return of the Jedi, "You can not avoid your destiny.."
Old 08-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #14
Jameson

Sweet Christ. That's amazing. Once I get money I want to buy those pedals. I didn't even know they came in black though.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:00 AM   #15
D. Slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobraMan
i like the sonic hammers

So did I ICM. and I'm not knocking them. I would suggest though that you try some lighter beaters just to see what you think. They made all the difference in the world for me as far as speed and control is concerned and I can't pump out singles anywhere near the speed you can.

D.