Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > Drums & Drumming > Music and Everything Else
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2005, 06:02 AM   #1
drummerz

Question Evans Emad bass drum head

Hi everyone,

I'm about to buy some new skins for my drums and I was wondering if anyone has used the Evans Emad bass drum head? If so what do you think of it? What sort of music is it suited for?

I currently use an Evans EQ3 clear batter head with an EQ pillow on the batter and a blanket up against the front skin.

If I switched to the Emad head obviously I dont need to have the EQ pad against the batter head but what about the front head? Is it still a little bit boomy if there is no muffling against the front skin?
drummerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
C.J.

Hi Drummerz,

I don't use the E-mad, but the kit I use at drum school has this baby on the kick.
The E-mad is really a exellent drum head, and the muffling system is really well thought of.

Depending on how you set the head, it is suited for anything. And for the front head muffling, just try out different stuff since you have that EQ pad. I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Hope it helps!

Cheers,
Me.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:10 AM   #3
pcannon

Very versitile head! You get a couple sizes of foam rings for muffle chioces. Head sounds great even with out the foam. So if you like your "old" sound with the pillow or blanket, you can go back. I like the " bottom end " you get from the emad head because of the lack of a pillow or blanket in the drum! Really changes the whole sound of your kit for the better! More of a "mixed"sound.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #4
D. Slam

Send a message via AIM to D. Slam
The Evans Emad bass drum system is awesome.... Very Phat sound! I like the idea of having the felt ring on the outside, and the head comes with two felt rings that are two different widths. I also use the solid head on the front with the little tiny pin holes along the edge of the head. If you like your kickdrum to really thump,this is the head for you.

D.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:20 PM   #5
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
i have the EMAD on my bass drum now. really great head! has a nice quick response!
vdreignsuponus1 is offline   Reply With Quote