User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
Christopher
Administrator

Moving to California...

Hey guys,

It took me long enough to get to this point but I had the chance to pop in a couple of times and see what's going on. I know the board has received some garbage threads here and there and I apologize for leaving that linger for more than 12 hours at a time. Normally, those stupid sollicitation threads are deleted right away. Thanks for giving me the heads up!

Now for ontopic post...

Well, recently, in a nutshell, I've moved from my hometown of Montreal Canada to California. It's a big move, but I felt the need to be here for a while. It's always tough to leave all your stuff back home (family, friends, gigs, studio, etc.) and kinda start all over in another country. So far, it's been nothing short of amazing. Being closer to Virgil is going to benefit this site so much! We have some great plans ahead for you guys. It's just little buffer time at the moment.

Sorry if I didn't get back to some of you who have been sending me e-mails on some concerns, but I will get back to you soon! Recently I've been coming on here a little more than I have last week, but it's picking up steadily.

I know a lot of you can't wait to see Virgil at a gig near you & I can see that there's been a post surge recently. TRUST ME, you guys will enjoy Virgil with Soul Sirkus very much! I was with Virgil last weekend at his studio and he was rehearsing his set list from the songs that were re-recorded for their debut album. The grooves we're so infectious, that I sat right next to Virgil and played the songs along WITH him on a mini kit. Hell, Im even looking forward to see these guys play!

So that's that. I just wanted to keep it short and sweet for you guys. I will be at the Baked Potato quite regularly from now on, so hopefully I can meet some of you guys there! Im normally the guy with the camera all the time!

Cheers!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
cjcdrums

Bring Virgil to Florida!

Pleeease!
Old 03-23-2005, 10:52 AM   #3
Protactinum

Where in FL are you? I'm from Tarpon Springs, near Tampa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcdrums
Bring Virgil to Florida!

Pleeease!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:21 AM   #4
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
i live in south mississippi and there arent a whole lot of good clinic places around except for maybe mississippi music in biloxi, but maybe u should tell him to come to mobile or maybe a closer place in florida like pensacola! i would KILL for a virgil clinic! ive STILL never seen him live! spread some light on me virg!

heh, anyways, hope u enjoy ur time in america christopher! ive always wanted to move to california. hopefully ill have that chance once i get out of high school and try to head over to MI! that's a big hope!

good luck master chris!
vdreignsuponus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
cjcdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protactinum
Where in FL are you? I'm from Tarpon Springs, near Tampa.

Jacksonville!

Tampa's awesome, I was down there this past July, and picked up some of the new Paiste Dark Energy cymbals from AJ's Pro Percussion. Cool place.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:37 AM   #6
jimi

Cool, somewhere to crash when i visit LA
Old 03-23-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
kirk

Glad for you Christopher I am sure you will have a BLAST! I am stoked about Virgil's upcoming solo album, any general idea about a release date. Something for us Crazy fan's to cling onto. Even if it is not true we will act as though it is

Kirk
Old 03-23-2005, 12:33 PM   #8
Christopher
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Glad for you Christopher I am sure you will have a BLAST! I am stoked about Virgil's upcoming solo album, any general idea about a release date. Something for us Crazy fan's to cling onto. Even if it is not true we will act as though it is

Kirk

No remote idea of release dates at the moment, Kirk. Virgil is still working on more songs for the album though.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
dave wilkinson

wish i could move too america for some drum education.... christopher.... do you have a spare room for rent