Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2003, 01:46 PM   #1
rythmtroll

What was the first Virgil song you ever heard?

I remember one day I was talking to a good friend of mine and he says to me(Hey Ive got this CD and its kind of weird, I cant realy understand it. Here ya go) I gladly accepted it because I'll take any thing for free. Im a Troll , what can I say? So I go home , pop it in the player and WALLA!!!! BI DI BI DI PA!!!!! Thats a four stroke double bass roll with a snare at the end in case you dont know . I fell in love with virgil on that day. My friend told me to give the CD back to him because he saw how enthusiastic I was about it. I told him to STICK A BIG PHATTY IN HIS MOUTH AND SHUTUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And if you ever get a chance to read this -Jason- thanks alot for givin it up.. RYTHMTROLL here signing out.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:24 AM   #2
DavidPartay
meeheehee

Send a message via MSN to DavidPartay
Watched Power Drumming.

Searched for Virgil Donati songs on Kazaa
downloaded Pyramids on Mars
Got highly confused by time signature
Fell in love with sound of music

David Pardy on YouTube
DavidPartay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 04:44 AM   #3
STAVROPOULOS

well,i have heard a solo and then i bought moonbabies so the first track is moonbabies!from that time i started (without a result though)trying to find all of his recordings and stuff!wish i find somethingin this country!)
bye troll!
Old 08-10-2003, 08:55 AM   #4
rythmtroll

Thats cool that you just recently started listening to Virgil. Its never too late to start.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
jimi

@stavropoulos: You can order lots of Virg audio from www.audiophileimports.com and you don't even need a credit to do it, so check it out!

I first heard Virg playing Virtue or Reality which i got from www.batera.br. it's a clip from the MD'97 Vid, and i loved it from the first time i saw it!!
Old 08-10-2003, 06:44 PM   #6
DavidPartay
meeheehee

Send a message via MSN to DavidPartay
I love it on that video clip when he goes between the tom on his left and toms on the right so quickly that you can't see his arms move...

David Pardy on YouTube
DavidPartay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 07:03 PM   #7
Matias

THe same as Jimi, i saw the video from batera.br.

Then, i downloaded a few mp3, and the first that finished was Alien Hip-Hop, and it was TOO good, i liked it a lot, so i tried to found Planet X and On The Virg cds.

BUT! as I live in a Country where cool music almost doesn't exists (here, the most popular music is what is called here "Cumbia", but it's not the really Cumbia from Centre America. However, it's not music, it's some people trying to earn some money doing something what young and mature people think that is music, and they sing the lyrics, which says REALLY stupid things, about alochol, drugs, stealling things, and social classes, etc,etc,etc.). Well, i wrote too much, what i wanted to say, is that good music is hadrly found here, for example, a Dream Theater (i really love this band) cd is very hard to find, so as you can imagine, PlanetX i.e. is almost impossible to be found.
These cds are a "must have", 'cause I would really love to have orginal copy of Planet X, CAB, On The Virg, any band where Virgil had played, but i can't if it is not by mp3.

The same happens with videos, i don't want to justify that i'm downloading mp3 or video copys from internet without paying the autor rights, but it's the only way that i have to know new bands, or watch drum clinics; as you may know, Pesos are devaluated here, so 1 u$s here are 3$, i have to pay three times something from your country or from anywhere.

Argh, i didn't want to write something long, but well, it acts as some kind of therapy, know i have confessed , I found my soul free of culpabilities

good luck!

Last edited by Matias : 08-10-2003 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:55 AM   #8
STAVROPOULOS

thanks for the site jimi!
Old 08-12-2003, 05:28 AM   #9
Me.2

Quote:
Originally posted by Matias

as you may know, Pesos are devaluated here, so 1 u$s here are 3$, i have to pay three times something from your country or from anywhere.

Yeah..... but Virg is 3 X the drummer so..... those cds sound the right price.

Old 08-14-2003, 12:48 AM   #10
v1rotate

First heard Virg at about 1985-86, sitting on a train in Melbourne with my friend Phil (OTV - Keyboards), we were about 14-15 years and Phil says, "Have a listen to this"...It turned out to be the Loose Change "Live at the Grainstore" album that his Dad (also a great pianist) got a copy of and was there at the gig when it was recorded.

Anyway, I was blown away.....cut to 7-10 years later, Phil records OTV with Virg.... He's DA MAN!!!