Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2004, 09:01 AM   #46
kirk

Hey Nev, I guess I am a hater since I have not posted yet. Maybe more clarification on your part would help. I appreciate your playing but come on with the "HATER" stuff. Is that really neccessary?

Kirk
Old 09-26-2004, 09:36 AM   #47
peterad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
Hey Nev, I guess I am a hater since I have not posted yet. Maybe more clarification on your part would help. I appreciate your playing but come on with the "HATER" stuff. Is that really neccessary?

Kirk

Evan is taking the wrong path to try to get people to respect his playing.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:37 AM   #48
nevesis

Send a message via AIM to nevesis
Not at all, I am just sick of newbie's like peterad trying to judge my personality and character without having ever talked to me or know me in real life.

Majority of users here know what this thread is about, and know I am not like that and offer helpful insight into what I am trying to do. Those are the people I listen and take advice from.
nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 12:20 PM   #49
kirk

What would be great is we could critique and debate without the TRASH talking. What keeps us from doing that? Hashing things out is normal, but I guess it is Man's fallen nature that keeps popping up it's ugly head. It seems that it turns derogatory and get's away from the MAIN topic Drumming and music. I appreciate thourough and even at times intense conversation but let's not act like 8 year old's slinging childish words on the playground. Actually I think they(the children) do better than what goes on this board at times. Let's just keep the conversation to the music. I know we can do that !!

Kirk
Old 09-26-2004, 03:27 PM   #50
the scottster

Nevises the only times you post is when you are telling everyone bout your drum off videos. whats up with that???
Old 09-26-2004, 04:15 PM   #51
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the scottster
Nevises the only times you post is when you are telling everyone bout your drum off videos. whats up with that???

Nice observation. Go back to your hole now.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:41 PM   #52
SunDemon18

you guys should lay off nevesis until you post something of yourselves playing. its not fair that he cant "critique" your playing..... so until you post something that can blow him away dont say that you can play better than him. thats more childish than anything.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:04 PM   #53
D.W.A.

the majority of what they were speaking of wasnt his playing....i could be wrong.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:27 PM   #54
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W.A.
the majority of what they were speaking of wasnt his playing....i could be wrong.

Thats the problem dude!
Old 09-26-2004, 08:42 PM   #55
peter

I'm sure you will be seeing a lot more of Nevesis
around here and elsewhere.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging each other.

This is Virgil's, after all.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:51 PM   #56
the scottster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDemon18
you guys should lay off nevesis until you post something of yourselves playing. its not fair that he cant "critique" your playing..... so until you post something that can blow him away dont say that you can play better than him. thats more childish than anything.

I understand where your coming from sun demon, but hes playings not the problem. Its his attitude. He has goes at people when they critique him which is why people say nasty things to him. So really what does the guy expect.
Plus i dont think hes that good.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:53 PM   #57
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by the scottster
I understand where your coming from sun demon, but hes playings not the problem. Its his attitude. He has goes at people when they critique him which is why people say nasty things to him. So really what does the guy expect.
Plus i dont think hes that good.

Wrong again asshole.

Get it right, I will repeat myself for the 10th time on two different message boards.

I do not care if someone critique's me, but when you try and judge me and tell me I am big headed and egotistical, that is purely and morally wrong on your part.

I will respond harshly to anyone who talks **** about me without KNOWING me, or ever have talked to me in REAL life.

Learn your lesson teenager.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:18 PM   #58
the scottster

Yeh whatever i know im right you know your right its not goin anywhere i call truce on this forum as well.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:58 PM   #59
D. Slam

Send a message via AIM to D. Slam
Evan originally Posted: "Hey everyone,

I have been practicing alot lately in preparation for the Drum-Off and I was working on this double bass pattern as of recently. Its not perfect but give me a few more days and I will have it down. Just wanted to share it with the great members of the forum!

As well, the other video is my routine for this year's Drum-Off. I am still working on it, so some transitions might be a little rough. Everyone download and post opinions. Please no bashing or rude remarks. Keep your crticism constructive.

Download here".........

OK guys, now lets look at this. This is the post that started all this madness, but check it out!... There Is NOTHING wrong with the above post, Yet Nev took a beating from some for posting it! What kind of attitude should he have?! The very first reply (I think) was an insult and he just laughed that one off. ("My 8 year old can play that".) Yet they continued to come. What did he do originally to warrant that?!

Bottom Line, everyone (Nev included) who continues with this at this point is just beating their heads against the wall. Nothing positive is going to come out of this for anybody. Evan sees some of you as "jealous haters". Some of you see Evan as a cocky kid that needs an attitude adjustment. The problem we have here is we have those who can easily Identify the problem but is not looking to find a solution.... The end result has gone no further than useless name calling. At this juncture it's just kiddies playing on a see-saw. It'll stop teetering when at least one party on either side decides to get off.

I'll Start by not contributing to this particular subject any longer. I hope we can all move on to bigger and better issues really soon. That's what I'm gonna do!

D.

Last edited by D. Slam : 09-26-2004 at 11:01 PM.
D. Slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:39 PM   #60
nevesis

Thank you D Slam, you have laid it down perfectly.

I hope some people here read this and realize something.