Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > Drums & Drumming > Tips and Techniques
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #1
C.J.

Stick clicks

Hello drumbrothers,

There has been a few threads alrealy done on this suject: the stick clicks. But the one thing is, we've only spoken about stick clicks in traditionnal grip.

I know you can apply this technique in matched grip since I have witnessed Johnny Rabb stickclicking in this manner, jamming along with Lang and Minnemann during the Meinl Gen-X tour.

Would anybody know how to learn, where to search or be able to give advice for this technique?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:12 AM   #2
jimi

Whatever way Rabb does it, just copy it, it's all the same after that. I presume you just have your palms facing each other. Have seen Rabb do it, but it just seems easier to just switch to trad grip and click and then switch back to matched, you know?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:13 AM   #3
C.J.

Euh... I get it, only I haven't seen him do it up close, I've only seen what he does from afar so I don't know how he does it exactly... Even though it seems ovious, I wanted to find out if there was any "special way" of doing it.

Anyway, I'll have a go at it.

Thanks Jimi.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:27 PM   #4
Cesar

There are some in Langs Dvd!
Old 09-06-2004, 04:51 AM   #5
Lucius

Yeh but Lang does it in trad, Pete's (Drummond) really good at it, and how he did it was messing around with it, thats how most things are found, mess around with every possible way to how sticks can click with each other, thats the only way, unless someone you know shows you, but if you mess around with it, you will get it, if someone else does it differently, who cares, as long as what your doing works for you...