Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > Clinics/Performances
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2004, 01:34 PM   #1
Milo Porto
Executive Member

virgil's clinic in singapore

first of all...i would like to say that im very very happy that virgil is coming to singapore.

BUt im a bit peeved about it being organized by one of our very own music stores...which has a very bad reputation...point being If virgil is reading this post or christopher... Pls convey it to virgil.... mike portnoy came down here for a clinic..and he is NEVER coming back to singapore b'cos they *the music store* screwed up..... they didnt even bother to find out how his name was supposed to be promounced ..they pronounced it as MIKE PORT KNEE!! and he was already quite cheesed of from that..and to make matters worse... he was ushered off very quickly after the clinic although he had loads of time to mingle with his fans...he wanted to mingle but was NOT allowed to ...WTF!!!??? hence he is not coming back to singapore for any clinics to my understanding.

secondly... the promo for virgil's clinic is very poor. cheap promo and me being a big virgil fan as well is a bit cheesed off bout it.

thirdly the location for his clinic is F**Ked up.... im guessing they dont really wanna spend money on venue. hence making more money out of it than they should if they had rented a proper venue...Like for example an auditorium, club, a music store...etc

they dont seem to be giving virgil the respect that he should be getting...i am a big virgl fan, thats why im writing this to also let virg know what he is getting into... not many people in this country like that store....

but in support of virgil im going.

just my 2 cents

www.myspace.com/brandonkhoo

http://www.mapexdrums.com/artists/S...io_Brandon.html

There's nothing for you to fight against, You're so unreal it's evident, You'll never be one of our kind
This ain't yours, **** you don't try, again we will rise! - lamb of god

Last edited by Milo Porto : 08-10-2004 at 01:37 PM.
Milo Porto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:01 PM   #2
vdreignsuponus1

Send a message via AIM to vdreignsuponus1 Send a message via MSN to vdreignsuponus1
seems to be a very ****ty music store. in my music store, one of my friends was playing a guitar that he plugged up. the guy turned off the amp while he was still playing! so he plugged it back in with a different guitar. he went up to him and said "okay, uve had about 15 minutes on each guitar. ur a good guitarist and all..but.." and takes the guitar away from him. WHAT A ****FACE! (new guy). big grey mustache..what a fag! my friend's mom came in the store and went off on the new guy! haha, it was funny. anyways, i dont shop at that store anymore except for just local drum sticks. if i wanna get good service and quality ****, i go about 2 cities over to pinkston's. that's where i got my yamaha!
vdreignsuponus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:12 AM   #3
alencore
Drum Therapist

here well hopefully they get a better sound tech coz last year virg was a little pissed at them.

congrats milo atleast no matter what vd is coming and will conquer..hehehe!
alencore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:48 AM   #4
Milo Porto
Executive Member

im very sure ze GOD on drums will conquer..! \m/
HAIL..VIRGIL!!

There's nothing for you to fight against, You're so unreal it's evident, You'll never be one of our kind
Old 08-11-2004, 05:54 PM   #5
BrettLee

Yo Milo! Don't forget to get me the tix for the clinic! I'll see ya there man!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #6
Milo Porto
Executive Member

got it already...! i got you the $50 tix...cos the $30s and $20s are behind..! when are you coming down..? =-)