Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2003, 08:41 PM   #1
Adam

That solo video thing...

I downloaded a solo by Virgil on Kazzaa where he's playing along with background music but you don't see any other musicians around other than him...I was wondering if this was an actual song and what that songs called..or if it were more of an improv thing...anyone know what I'm talking about? It's called "Virgil donati - amazing solo" and it's by batera.com or something...
peace
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 04:11 AM   #2
STAVROPOULOS

hello adam!
well,i have this downloaded video too and it is from a performance virgil did,where he played drums on several tunes.i think it is taken from power drumming,the second vhs!the best way to find out is to go and check virgil's videos herein this site!
have fun pal!
Old 07-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #3
jimi

Exclamation

No No!! Thats 'Virtue or Reality' from the 'Modern Drummer Festival 1997' Video Virg played on. In addition to more tracks from 'Stretch' (Virg's first solo release) He plays a great, almost 20 min solo and does an extensive double-bass drumming clinic.
Power Drumming is one of his Drum Teaching Vids with exercises to improve power, endurance, speed, accuracy and more! Then he plays a few tunes to show you what you could do if you practiced the exercises as much as Virg did (hours and hours and hours)

Get both Adam, they're worth having no matter what level of drumming your at.
Old 07-30-2003, 12:41 PM   #4
Adam

jimi, I've orderd "Power drumming" from amazon and it's on it's way over !! However I can't seem to find the other one. I checked Audiophile and it looks like there's a CD of the modern drummer fest but I don't know if that means DVD or VHS or what...do you know where I could find it?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:03 PM   #5
jimi

Where you at??
www.partitura.be is good for Europeans but i don't know what there shipping is like to the US or other places, they do really good postage for me though so check it out

Nice one that you ordered the PD vid. the exercises are handy and it looks like Virg is in fast forward towards the end of them! (you'll know what i mean when you watch it) the second part of the vid is where he applies all the exercises into a musical setting and it's really great to see how a few exercises and some creativity can amount to so much.
Not trying to make you break the bank but the MD fest vid is great too (alot of good music) and if you're looking for THE Virg solo check out TUDW2002 (the ultimate drummer's weekend) Excellent excellent stuff!!

Last edited by jimi : 07-31-2003 at 02:08 PM.