Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > Drums & Drumming > Tips and Techniques
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2004, 01:47 AM   #1
dogboots

Pearl BRX

Any comennts about that kit would be greatly apreaciated. I am thinking about getting one. I know the BRX istnīt Pearls most expensive series but how are they compared to for example starclassicīs performer? They are about the same $

Thankīs guys...
Old 06-10-2004, 02:04 AM   #2
davidseung

IMO i prefer the BRX.. they sound more open and pearl hardware is IMO the best on the market.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:59 AM   #3
dogboots

@davidseung: Really? BRX over starclassic? Wow! I am really not that shure. Iīll have to spend an eternity in the music store and mess around on both kits..
Old 06-17-2004, 11:28 PM   #4
Ario Damar

as you can see, the Pearl Master BRX has 10 split lugs on its bass drum than those found in StarClassic Performer (which is 8 lugs). with 10 lugs, your drumset looks like those that are played by pro musicians. Unless if you want to but Starclassic Maple, which is sound and look very cool
Old 06-18-2004, 02:29 AM   #5
s2h2h

Pearl BRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogboots
Any comennts about that kit would be greatly apreaciated. I am thinking about getting one. I know the BRX istnīt Pearls most expensive series but how are they compared to for example starclassicīs performer? They are about the same $

Thankīs guys...
This is my instrumental band "Wire to Wire" I recorded with a Pearl Masters BRX. Check it out and tell me what you think?
www.cdbaby.com/cd/wiretowire