Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2004, 07:36 AM   #1
morgenthaler
Administrator

Weckl clinic yesterday!

(To Jonberg and everyone else)

MAN

I have seen Weckl perform a number of times, but this was my first clinic, and I was impressed. VERY impressed. Anyone who hasn't seen Weckl is yet up for a treat!
The man was methodically teaching and playing to a stunned audience.
He went through a wide variety of exercises and explained a bunch of different techniques to improve on the drumset.
We were glad to have him, and I am looking forward to the band playing here in Copenhagen tomorrow. Nice fella on top of it all BTW!

He seems stronger than ever and his chops are way more "edgie" than I have ever heard. He -at times- came close to Vinnie in execution, if that makes sense to you. His doublebass chops, though in every way different from Virgs are tighter than ever still. He started off with a solo that totally floored the audience. He is one of the best soloists playing today! (Probably only topped by Virg and a few others.) His style, though heavily jazz oriented is still strong and at times visually exiting as well as sonically. A true master.

A few dark pix (until we get the "real ones") can be found here: http://www.slagtojctr.dk/nyheder/de...e=nyheder&id=70 ...You should be able to navigate your way to it.

Last edited by morgenthaler : 05-12-2004 at 07:54 AM.
morgenthaler is offline   Reply With Quote