Go Back   Virgil Donati Messageboard > General > General Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
Getes Romo

Vinnie Colaiuta on 2 DVDs..4 hrs..awesome!!

Vinnie Colaiuta: These DVDs contain 4+ hours showing Vinnie playing the most outrageous, stunning, mind-blowing, mind stretching solo / fills !!
From original tapes, this DVD set provides a close up view of very focused footage of drumming genius, Vinnie Colaiuta playing during a house drumming gig on the Joan Rivers Show that aired live on broadcast television. These discs capture Vinnie playing with a studio Television big band each night for 7 months.

Each night, the cameraman would zoom in on Vinnie as he would play an over-the -top, breath taking 2 bar drum fill/solo !!! Each night Vinnie played a completely original fill...no repeating on his part.

To drummers, this represents the ultimate in spontaneous, improvised, most creative, uniquely phrased and inspired drumming.

He played with such authority, even while taking such chances, stretching his imagination to create drum fills that no other drummers have imagined.

Not only is he captured playing the theme song in which he plays the solo fills, but shows Vinnie playing with the musical guests like Herbie Han***** Geo Duke, Michael Sembello, Anita Baker, Rita Moreno, Tom Jones, etc., etc., etc.,

Also included are the 'guest play ons' and commercial break music. Very clear audio. Some solo fills are repeated for study / enjoyment purposes.

Filler on last disc includes highlights from VC drum clinic in Japan, Vinnie on GRP tour with Grusin, Ritenour, Landers and Tom Scott, Vinnie @ Zildjian Day 1987 and Vinnie solo trading with Dave Weckl !!

If you are a Vinnie fan (and aren't we all ?), this was worth the wait.

__________________________________________________ ___

If you are interested, feel free to make an offer. I am also open to trades of Vinnie recordings.

I want to cover my expenses for DVD discs, postage, DVD recorder and the time to put it all together.

Email: TapIntoUSA@earthlink.net I am willing to trade these great DVDs or sell to recoup expenses of putting them together and mailing out.

FREE Shipping inside continental USA, I will mail standard air mail.

If you prefer priority, add $2.00

Outside US mailings = $2.50 (Europe) - stnd air mail

Asia, Japan, Australia = $4.00 (stnd air mail)