Virgil Donati Messageboard

Virgil Donati Messageboard (http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/index.php)
-   Tips and Techniques (http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I can't do it. (http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=3870)

Corndog 11-21-2005 07:20 PM

I can't do it.

About 2 months ago, I was hitting 200 bpm sixteenth notes with my feet. I was using the $100 pacific double pedal. I was just starting to get serious about double bass. Well my sessions came in along with my eliminators. Now I can't play steady sixteenths at all with any speed. I don't know what it is, I use the flatfoot technique. It could be I'm still not use to the new double pedal or not use to the bass drum which is 4 inches deeper than my old one. I don't know what to do, I'm really frustrated. If anyone has any suggestions for me I'd appreciate it.... Thanks, Cory.

VeNoM 11-21-2005 07:24 PM

Ok if you are saying that your new pedals disable you from playing 200 bpm than maybe there not set up rite look at your old pedals and test em out then go to your new ones set you springs identical to the other pedal also new pedals are sometimes hard to get used to but it will happed. Good luck.

bateria 11-21-2005 07:28 PM

How long have you had them? It took me several weeks to get a feel for my new pedals, but I'm faster on them now than anything else.

Corndog 11-21-2005 07:33 PM

VeNoM-Thanks for the advise I'll work on them.

bateria-I've had them since late september.

Corndog 11-21-2005 08:20 PM

I just switched cams, and now I feel stupid because the white one is the only one I didn't try in the beginning and now I can tell it is the one I should have been using the whole time. Thanks for the advice.

ShadowDrummer 11-23-2005 06:43 PM

I find the Blue Cam works the best for Eliminators. But I had to dial down the tension in my springs so that they were incredibly loose. Then I could really get into it. I always wondered why other pedals, like the ones you play in music stores were so damn easy to play, but my own pedals weren't. Eliminators have HEAVY tension. But that's why they're so customizable

proto78 11-26-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndog
I just switched cams, and now I feel stupid because the white one is the only one I didn't try in the beginning and now I can tell it is the one I should have been using the whole time. Thanks for the advice.

Hmmmm...u may have something there. I haven't used the white cam yet, and I got mine a year and a half ago!

Denny 11-27-2005 06:20 AM

good pedals

Corndog,
I was asked to come up and play on a drumkit that I have never played on and it had those $100.00 pacific pedals you have or had and I tell
you what I blazed them with no effort,They acual felt better than my Iron coba's which cost $250.00 when I bought them new.All in all that Pacific pedal
gets high marks from me ;) . Do you still have the pedals? also the ex-drummer from soilwork plays Eliminator pedal and he swears by them.I use to take to him via e-mail.goodluck CD Denny

mathcore 11-27-2005 08:31 AM

Denny my friend when did you get your IC, I bought mine a couple of months ago and they cost $320.

vdreignsuponus1 11-27-2005 09:22 AM

stay true, stay blue!:)

Denny 11-27-2005 10:39 AM

$320.00!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow Mathcore I bought them 6 yrs ago.Sorry man you payed too much.But other than that i love them great pedal.But If they would have had the Pacific pedal 6 yrs ago I would have bought them.Like I said they felt great.
Denny

Corndog 11-27-2005 03:52 PM

I put the white cams on and messed with the spring tension and now I have it to where I can play close to 200 again, i'm working on speed now.

roxz 11-28-2005 05:08 AM

White with straps

stefan_vortex 11-28-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Corndog,
I was asked to come up and play on a drumkit that I have never played on and it had those $100.00 pacific pedals you have or had and I tell
you what I blazed them with no effort,They acual felt better than my Iron coba's which cost $250.00 when I bought them new.All in all that Pacific pedal
gets high marks from me ;) . Do you still have the pedals? also the ex-drummer from soilwork plays Eliminator pedal and he swears by them.I use to take to him via e-mail.goodluck CD Denny

wow man..im playing with the pacific for two and a half years now and i was thinkin bout switchin to ironcobra since the pacific is kinda worn out, i mean the joints, but if u really think pacific is not worse...im buying pacific again...hmm