Virgil Donati Messageboard

Virgil Donati Messageboard (http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The sabian chat with Virg (http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=35)

morgenthaler 06-05-2003 02:45 AM

The sabian chat with Virg

It was nice to see some of you guys over there....man I was tired...it was 6:30 in the morning when i hit the sacks.
I was a bit disappoited with some guys there....it became a fight over stupid questions.

(sorry if I seem pissed off but i WAS)
I mean here we have 2 hours worth of quality time with Virg, and then some just waste it on nonsense like...well i wont even go into details....just a bit sad that some questions were THAT lame.... I mean a guy like Kirk were waiting for 35 minutes and his questions drowned in ****.... Really Kirk you deserved some answers to your well thought-out questions. (BTW let me just thank Kirk for his overall attitude and style...yeah!)
I can tell you that Virgil is doing great and is happy with his current projects, namely Freakhouse, the Book, new ROF album and so on.
sabian could have moderated this chat much much better i think....
But nice to see so many people there after all. Justlikerock and Kyrah...nice to see some girls here!!

Iīll go practice now.....
Take care all!!!

frank 06-05-2003 06:07 AM

I agree with you Jeppe, the chat was very chaotic and unorganised, and there were just too many people with lame questions! "How many years have you been playing drums?" D'OH EVERYBODY KNOW THAT!!!
I saved a transcript on my computer. In the beginning ther was this guy who keeped on using CAPS, which was pretty annoying.

Virgil answered a lot of our questions and was really cool. unfortunately he can't type as fast as he plays the drums.. :)
It was very cool though!! Just a shame Sabian didn't organise things better.

kyrah 06-05-2003 07:50 AM

hey, jeppe & frank... you're up early! I was sooo tired - but nevertheless, it was fun seeing so many familiar names in the chat. :) nice to have met you all!

there were many interesting questions posed - although in some cases, I had hoped for a more detailed answer.
of course, all that typing get's in the way...
thank you for taking the time, Virgil Donati. :)

Christopher 06-05-2003 08:20 AM

Guys, the trascript of the chat will be up later on today...Just incase some people missed it.

SwiTCh 06-05-2003 08:50 AM

Thx for posting about it jeppe. Just out of interest how long after i left was he on?

kirk 06-05-2003 08:57 AM

Hey guys, I was glad to have the oppurtunity to be live with Virg but the chat was too chaotic and Sabian DOES! need to operate a smoother ship. Too many people asking 2 or 3 questions lumped together and not being patient and waiting for answers and giving other people chances ask their own. Jeppe is right, they could and should be a little more efficient. Man I asked one!
question 3 times over 1/2 hour and did not get crap back, because guys were(as Jeppe said) drowning Virg with HEY MAN CAN YOU PLAY AT 500 bpm on 6 pedals, who gives a crap!

Some of the questions asked, I wonder sometimes what people are thinking!! And it has got to be SOOOO! difficult for Virgil to keep up with all the chaos being thrown at him, he did his best to and I appreciate that. Hopefully it will be a different story next time. Take care everyone.

Best regards Kirk

Christopher 06-05-2003 09:57 AM

Ok guys and girls, here's the official transcript.

http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboar...t.php?forumid=2

There were a lot of questions that we're a little useless, maybe 1-2 of them were taken out, but most of it is there now.

Enjoy!

frank 06-05-2003 11:46 AM

hehe there is a strange mistake in the transcript:

Quote:
jimbox: Are you guys from another forum? I come from the Mike Portnoy forum.
Virgil Donati: I'll try to log on to my maessage board more frequently in the future
FrankT: PX forum, Virgil Donati: forum...

Virgil didn't actually say: "forum...". It was me, saying I'm at the PX and VD forums.. :P

But nice transcript, most of the bull**** is excluded, which is really cool. Thanks!

Christopher 06-05-2003 12:12 PM

Doh! My eyes went to **** after looking at that chaotic transcript. You guys were firing questions like mad!! :)

Frank : Yeah, that little snippet didn't have anything too important before it. Like I said, I only took out 1-2 questions/answers. Sometimes it felt like Virgil just fired answers outta nowhere.

Fat Mike 06-05-2003 05:34 PM

I wasn't able to catch the sabian chat with Virg...but i just had a looky at the transcript...some stupid questions were posed, but overall it wasn't too bad, i've seen times where Virg is just barrelled with questions about his speed...and you can see virg thinking "here we go again!", but he is always gracious and professional...a true champion!
Oh and im not afraid to say i had a tear in my eyes when he asked how all the aussies were doing (yay!) and how my (and Virgil's!) favourite Aussie rules football club were doing!!! GO THE PIES!!
For those non-aussies...the Collingwood Magpies football club is the biggest team in the AFL (and probably the most hated because of our passionate suppoprters)...our colours are black and white...check em out...be a TRUE virgil fan and support the Magpies :)
www.collingwoodfc.com.au
Virg would be proud! Hehe :D

jonberg 06-06-2003 04:28 AM

I wasnīt on the chat, but I read the trancript of it...and as always, there will be these stupid teenagers, who hasnīt played drums for long and who hasnīt realized Virgilīs greatness except his speed. Itīs tragic that when Virgil actually has the time to do this, these people bomb him with stupid questions...glad that there were some on the chat that had some serious questions after all!
A thing I wanna know about Virg, is how old he is?
I asked him this on a clinic in Stockholm, and all he said was (with some laughter and irony in his voice):
-Weīre here to talk about drums!
My guess is that heīs about 40...is that correct??

Keep on drumming!

morgenthaler 06-06-2003 04:47 AM

42 if my calculations are right.

kyrah 06-06-2003 05:06 AM

just read the official chat transcript - and I think there's another little mistake in it ( no offense, Christopher!)

kyrah: Mr. Donati, in your opinion, what is the essence of a good song/track?
Virgil Donati: Honestly...I've been practicing piano, and trying to write material...that's why it's been a little quite on the news front

it seems to me that he was rather answering to Frank's question

FrankT: it'ss been pretty quiet on the "NEWS"section on your website.. what have you been up to lately?

but I have to admit that the chat was very chaotic, so it wasn't an easy job at all to make the official transcript. Well done, Christopher!

Christopher 06-06-2003 07:17 AM

Thanks for letting me know kyrah. It's actually good you noticed that because once again, it was such hell to format that transcript. At least I got 98% of it right.

Next time, it should be moderated where people cant say anything except if it's turn by turn. But I dont even know if Sabian has that feature...I haven't even seen the interface to the chat! :(

zoso 06-06-2003 10:15 AM

virgil...kick ass!!