PDA

View Full Version : Virg T-shirts?

jimi
07-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Hey Chris,
Man would i love to get my hands on a VirgilDonati.com t-shirt! I wonder would many people be interested in one. If you can't arrange it, could you send me high resolution copies of some of your logos and i'll try somewhere in town, i'll send you a shirt if they look well(?),
let me know and as always keep up the brilliant work!:D
John.

Christopher
07-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Hey Jimi,

Well around the time when Planet X toured the UK in 2000, I created a whole bunch of T-Shirts for Virgildonati.com that MOST people bought in England. As it turned out, the shirts came out ok but the quality wasnt great. I think we got a couple of complaints because of the durability of the shirt (they ripped in the washing machine).

Here's a mockup of it - http://www.virgildonati.com/images/virgilshirt2000.jpg

There were some other T-shirts that Virgil sold on the road that did "ok" such as the "Rhythm in the Blood" t-shirt that was created by the guys from Freakhouse and was available in the Amazon store.

There will be a whole new (little) catalogue of Virgil merch available from virgildonati.com very soon, don't you worry. I'm still working on that as well.

Cheers!

jimi
07-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Thats great news(!), your well ahead of me there chris:)
thanks for the reply and i look forward to hearing you announce the availability of the new (durable:D) shirts,
all the best,
jimi.

Christopher
07-21-2003, 12:37 PM
Oh yes, "DURABLE" is the keyword. Mind you, I have 2 of those shirts and they are both not ripped or anything, but its just the illustration that is a little jagged after a couple of washes.

I'll make sure that the new shirts will be extra durable and extra comfortable (double whammy!!)!

Cheers!

jimi
07-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Chris, would you mind if i tried to get that logo from the virg2000 t-shirt printed myself? I would need a higher resolution pic and i would zoom in and make a snapshot of just the chest bit. I'm sure some store here would print a jpeg file onto the front of a shirt for me. Would i be breaking any copyright laws or anything?? dont want to get arrested!!:D

Christopher
07-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Hey Jimi,

I'll let you have a shot at it once some of first runs of t-shirts come out. If the response is good, I'll let some of you guys have a shot at it if you're interested.

I didn't get to tackle the t-shirt issue just yet but trust me its in my agenda! :)

Cheers mate!

jimi
07-28-2003, 01:54 PM
I just meant printing one shirt just for myself, because that 2000 shirt is out of print now:(, but yes i would take on the responsibility of doing the new shirts printing if you wanted. I'd have to take the orders here though cos the postage to you and then to a fan would be too much i'd say. Just ask, i'd love to help you out in any way i can, ok?

Christopher
07-28-2003, 02:32 PM
You got it Jimi. I will keep you posted on this for sure!

Thanks for all your support by the way, you are truly a great member on here and Planet X's board.

Cheers mate!

jimi
07-28-2003, 02:54 PM
Thanks Chris but shouldn't I be thanking you for putting all this together and helping me get closer to Virgil, and his fans and his drumming? Really bud, keep all the absolutely fabulous great work up and if Virg doesn't come to Europe, i might see you at a gig in LA if you're around?? I WILL see Virg live by the end of 2004, guaranteed!!:D:)

Later my friend:)

Christopher
07-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Yup, I might be there for NAMM next year. I was in LA last month as well. I visit there about 2-3 times a year. We can maybe cross each other sometime then. There are a lot of things to do in L.A. that's for sure.

The messageboard will always be here now :)

Cheers bro!

rythmtroll
07-31-2003, 11:32 PM
Hey Chris! Ill totally meet you at the NAMM show this year. just tell me where youll be dude. Im listening to "Midnight Bell" right now. Its such a well constructed song. The part after the first verse is so heavy!!!. Then the guitar and keys come in and do thier little solos off eachother.......then the ambience with the drum break that leads right into the lovely bass solo. Ted Kennedy is my favorite bassist.Did you know that hes the bassist in the Dave Weckel band?Good to know hunh? . Those bass drums are sooooooooooooooo tight and so perfectly punchy. Its my ear candy!!!!!

morgenthaler
08-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I am quite pleased with the durability of my "Rhythm In The Blood" T-shirt, although it still could have been of a somwhat somewhat better quality...

mauricio
08-04-2003, 09:25 AM
hey Mr. Troll - I think the bass solo in Midnight Bell is played by Jimmy Johnson and not Tom Kennedy....it doesn´t sound like Tom Kennedy at all...the bass solo in moonbabies is 100% Tom Kennedy.

morgenthaler
08-04-2003, 09:33 AM
Ted Kennedy?
Dave Weckel?
Wish I knew these guys.....
Just kidding!!!
I think Mauricio is right on this one.
It is a beautiful solo though....

kirk
08-12-2003, 01:14 PM
It is vintage Jimmy for sure just listen to any Holdsworth recording. That tone and feel is unmistakable.

Kirk