PDA

View Full Version : just bought a pearl masters mmx 'diamond burst' kit

timthedrummer
07-20-2003, 08:21 AM
my new pearl mmx masters 'diamond burst' kit is the nicest kit i've ever played... the bass drum is so full and boomy while still being punchy
mmmm considering i already practice 10 hrs a day imagine how much i'll be addicted now :D

Adam
07-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Liar! You don't practic 10 hours a day!! Why would you lie!! why??....I'd believe you more if you said 9.89 or something...geez...kidding hehe.

Actually, has anyone here ever practiced that long before? I'm sure I've practiced 8 once or twice (I try to keep it consistent to 4)

jonberg
07-28-2003, 02:31 AM
5-6 hours are normal for me, but the question is how much of the practise time is effective?? Just playing and fooling around won´t do any good...I say that from my 5-6 hours a day, 4-5hours are effective, the rest is just having fun behind the kit :)

candyman
07-28-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah I agree with jonberg. My instructor told me awhile back that playing along with records was not really practicing which could take a least 2 hours of drumming. You just get good at playing those same songs. Practicing is doing things that you are not able to do or not do very effective and mastering that element of your playing.

timthedrummer
07-30-2003, 05:39 AM
ok this is my normal practice routine...
1 hour hand rudiments on pad
1 hour double kick work on pad
1 hour building speed on the kit (cross overs/etc
1 hour playing to cd's as a break (alot of jazz, drum and bass, double kick cd's- very challenging
2 hours learning new beats
about another hour mucking around on kit
and the rest is on the computer with my pad under my desk doin double kick and i also will type with my right hand doin whatever and have a pad for my left hand
so about 6-7 serious practice and the rest is just mucking around- :p

jimi
07-30-2003, 08:21 AM
Fairly intensive workout!
What double kick pad do you use??

El Salsero
06-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Hey timthedrummer, are u professional or sumthin, cuz personnally i don't have the time to do those 8 hours ;) lol

chrisdrummer75
06-19-2004, 06:32 PM
yeah, for real man, i would kill to be able to play eight hours a day. Most of my day is spent chopping up meat at the old Sam's Club. Trust me i would much rather be sitting behind the kit instead!