PDA

View Full Version : Christopher - CAB DVD

jsuplicki
03-28-2004, 07:03 AM
I just recently purchased a CAB DVD for a pretty penny w/Virgil on the drums @ The Musicians Institute. I had asked the seller if it was official and he said it was, and that he had purchased it directly from Virgil, so if I was to have any questions/issues to take it up with him. This is the best I can do for now.

Once I received it I noticed the bottom of the DVD was purple and the top was white, with the letters CAB written w/red sharpie...obviously a burned copy. After watching it, which to me was awesome :D , I believe this performance was recorded strictly for the purpose of anyone attending MI to view/study. I have the feeling that someone got a hold of this performance and made a copy of it and sold it at a profit for themselves. Knowing that Virgil is many times a "guest" musician with CAB, I find it odd that he sells this DVD without any type of copywrite protection anywhere on the DVD sleave or at the beginning/ending of the DVD. Without this anyone can make copies of the sleave/DVD and purchase DVD jackets for less than $4 total, and sell them practically for $45+ making a $40+ profit each time one has been sold :eek: . Don't you think this was kind of a foolish thing for Virgil to do :confused: , or is the seller telling me a tall story on how he acquired this? :mad: This performance is not even available on the CAB website, where if it was official, you'd think this is where you would be able to purchase it?!?! Just curious.

mauricio
03-28-2004, 09:39 AM
Bunny Brunel sold/sells this DVD directly through his site. I don´t think there´s any other way to get it "officialy" other than through Bunny´s site.I find it very hard to believe that Virgil himself sold this to your seller, since Virgil openly states that he´s not too happy about the performance at MI, and that he was surprised to know that Bunny was selling it.

patrick casey
03-28-2004, 10:12 AM
You can also get this DVD from Audiophile Imports and there is another CAB Dvd with Dennis Chambers you can also purchase from Audiophile Imports.

mauricio
03-28-2004, 12:39 PM
You´re right Patrick.

Christopher
03-28-2004, 05:11 PM
Actually, that release is somewhat of an official-unofficial DVD. Virgil knows it's out and he's even seen it and heard it, but it's not an official release mainly because of the quality but also because of the presentation. This is why it's not on the Videography page on this site.

Besides, Patrick and Mauricio are right: Virgil doesnt sell this DVD. You can only get it through Bunny or his site.

Cheers!

jimi
03-29-2004, 05:49 AM
It's more of a collectors item, i don't find myself watching it that often at all, but i'm glad to have it.
I bought my copy from bunny and it was a DVD-R in a CD case (not the larger DVD cases).