PDA

View Full Version : Heel-Toe on Iron Cobras?

al_the_drummer
03-18-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi everybody!

Does anybody who plays heel-toe doubles use Iron Cobra Pedals?
Iīve tried them in my local store yesterday and realy likedīem, but I couldnīt check if they work for heel-toe (didnīt have enough time to remove the toe stop and didnīt wear the right shoes....)
BTW to all heel-toe players...what pedals are you guys playing?

Thanx

AL

newbeat
03-18-2004, 07:23 PM
I have size 12 feet and my cobras don't work for heel toe, I just can't get a solid heel stroke with the room I get. I just slide/bounce them for doubles. If you're really into heel-toe, the best pedals are axis longboards, the extra room is really great for the heel stroke.

al_the_drummer
03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanx for your answer!
Yeah, maybe I should try axis again.
The cobras felt more natural to me (with the chains...) and they are a lot cheaper, so
I just hope heel-toe will work on them.....

Juoni
03-19-2004, 03:07 AM
I don't know about American sizes, but my European foot size is 42 and I do play heel/toe with my Iron Cobras and it even works pretty well.
BTW My Iron Cobars cost about 420€ and Longboard is about 750€, so I think I'll stay with Tama.

Lad.
04-04-2004, 11:17 PM
I've never really been able to try the good old heel-toe because the double pedal I have is ancient. They don't even make them anymore. It's a standard Tama double pedal. I'm currently setting my eyes on a DW 5000 pedal, and I'm hoping to get some heel toe action.

cdrummerboy33
03-31-2006, 08:35 PM
i just started working on rolls on double bass. i am curently using the sonor giant step twin pedals.... oh.. wait... thats wat i was using last night in my dream ;) i did just start workin on em and i curently have crappy percusion plus pedals lol. in about a month or a lil more i should have enough moolah for new pedals. either IC flexi glides or pearl eliminators.

cdrummerboy33
03-31-2006, 08:41 PM
I have size 12 feet and my cobras don't work for heel toe, I just can't get a solid heel stroke with the room I get. I just slide/bounce them for doubles. If you're really into heel-toe, the best pedals are axis longboards, the extra room is really great for the heel stroke.

wat is the slide bounce technique? as i said, i just started heel toe and like you, i got no room on my pedals to get a good heel stroke. i can do doubles with out the heel toe technique, but they sound kinda like buzz rolls on snare. this is wat i do, my toes are about and inch away from the exact middle of my pedal (and inch twords my throne from the middle) then lets say im doin singles, when i go into doubles, i press more, and my feet slide up and down the pedal about an inch each way. i dont think it is a good technique, this is why i am doin heel toe now. so is this the method u are using?