PDA

View Full Version : BD doublestrokes @ 200 bpm VIDEO

german-drummer
07-19-2003, 04:44 AM
Hi all,

if you're interested, you can download a video (5 MBs) I recorded, which shows my feet and pedals, while doing an exercise I practise for some years now. It's alternating between 8th notes played as singles and 16th notes played as double at 200 bpm.

Just visit my band's website www.spring-tide.com
There's also a drumsolo-video and songs from our new album.

rock on,
german-drummer

alencore
07-19-2003, 07:59 AM
cool!
me check it out in full enthusiasm.
cheers!

german-drummer
07-20-2003, 01:59 AM
thanks man... ;)

alencore
07-23-2003, 07:11 AM
man, your double strokes are awesome and your technique is quite different. wish you have shown the left foot as well.

i'll get the other drum fiels as well.

Adam
07-25-2003, 09:36 AM
your kit is too big hehe.. :)Great solo's though. How long have you been playing?

german-drummer
07-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Hi Adam,

sometimes I like it BIG, with a lot of different cymbal sounds and toms. But I also enjoy playing on a simple 4 piece kit with just a ride and hihat cymbal. ;)

I started playing about 8 years ago with a small e-drum kit and changed to my acoustic set 4 years ago. I practise every day for at least 1.5 hours, on weekends 4-5 hours.

matthias

Adam
07-27-2003, 07:10 PM
wow, see some guys here are easily compareable to the pros...by pros I mean the good ones...not the drummers who are pros as in tehy play in Limp...*shudders*...bizkit.

peter
08-02-2003, 01:23 PM
That was a good video of the kick pattern you referred to. You slide your toe on the footboard, don't you? I know another player who does that in the UK. You get a quick double. With the 1/4 and 1/8th notes up top, you get some nice effects.

I saw the drum solo and particularly enjoyed your single strokes, alternating from drums to cymbals, with kick accenting, ala Tony. Very powerful effect.

Keep up the good work.

german-drummer
08-03-2003, 01:20 PM
thanks for all the comments!
keep on rocking...

stuart
08-05-2003, 10:09 AM
hey, the video is excellent.would you (or anyone) mind explaining how this technique is done?

peter
08-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Matthias,

I noticed that "slide" that I talked about before.
Do you do the same thing with your left foot?

german-drummer
08-07-2003, 11:03 PM
@ peter:

yes, I use the left foot the same way.

The whole motion of the foot feels and looks somewhat like a "wave". It is related to the well known "heel-toe technique", but with a slide from left to right, instead of back and forth.

by the way, this video showing my feet is about 1 year old now. I will record a new one probably this weekend, which will show both of my feet and with some new exercises.

Matthias

peter
08-08-2003, 05:15 AM
I hope you don't mind me asking about
what you're doing. I have talked to a lot
of players about what they do on their
kicks. I find it very interesting to exchange
information.

Believe it or not, I use heel-down and have
for over 27 years. A lot of people scratch
their heads about that. They don't get it.
It just shows how everyone's different but
my mind is open, even after so long a time.

Here I am, about to begin to double-kick.
I have to be sensitive to what takes place.

Again, I hope you don't mind my asking
about related information.

Thanks again, Matthias. Play on.