PDA

View Full Version : Older AXIS pedal

Brobjer
02-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Hi!

I'm going to exchange myself an older model of the Axis pedals, and was wondering if someone know anything about it, comparing to the new ones.
What I've heard is that when the new Axis pedals came, people referred them to cheaper pedals, and that the older ones are better and that they're are better constructed and rarity.

It's a picture of it on this link. Has anyone seen this model before. Instead of the 'Axis' letters on the plate, it says only 'A'. Otherwise, it seems to be similar to any other Axis pedal. Only that It has link 'connetion' in the middle of the drive shaft, instead of having it right by the pedal.

Link: http://www.vendolin.se/annons.php?66549

Thanks,
Andreas

peter
02-07-2004, 08:29 AM
Andreas,

Well, of course, my opinion will be slanted to
the new ones and primarily because I have
NOT played the old ones.

My question to you is what do you want from
these older pedals? Is it just the durability?
Have you tried one and are in love with the
action, as it is? Play it before you buy it.

The BIG difference in the 'new' pedals is the
VDL (Variable Drive Lever). These older models,
along with the X's, do NOT have it.

That's the key for me.

Brobjer
02-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Peter,

Well, I have tried the common A's without the longboard and thought they we're excellent. What exactly is the VDL? Is that something that can be put on the older Axis'?

The guy that owns the Axis says that it is very nice and fast and that it is very sensitive, so it has that same concept as the Axis I tried out, of couse.

Brobjer

peter
02-07-2004, 09:32 AM
Andreas,

I'm pretty sure that I posted pictures of it
in the Axis-A Longboard thread. Review that
series of posts. There should be pictures too
as well as commentary about that.

http://www.virgildonati.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=100&highlight=axis-a

Brobjer
02-07-2004, 10:40 AM
I talked to the guy owning the Axis pedal, and he said that the VDL is a function that lets you move your pedal plate forwards and backward. (That little screw beside the beaterstick). Is this right?
He said that his pedal had that, and that it was indentical with the normal A's, but with a thinner pedalboard, black and that it only says 'A', instead of Axis.

If all this is right, it should be a good buy! =)

Brobjer

peter
02-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Andreas,

That is not the story behind the VDL. It IS good that
the pedal has it, however.

I talked exhaustively about the Axis-A in that thread
that I linked you to. There are pictures etc.

Brobjer
02-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Okay,

The pedal looks exactly like the A's on the newer pictures I got sent. It is in great shape, and the old picture is horrible. It has that little 'slide' where you can move the pedalboard and with a picture of an A next to the picture of this one, I seem to find no difference at all, exept for the color. The difference between the X and A is very showing but not with this one. Can I get your E-mail, and I could send you better pictures.

Brobjer

Brobjer
02-17-2004, 01:42 PM
I LOVE the Axis pedal!!!

peter
02-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Glad it worked out for you, Andreas!

Brobjer
02-18-2004, 11:37 AM
Thanks Pete! I agree with you, it REALLY is something. I have the VDL in forward position (the fast setting), and it is unlike any other pedal. It kinda hard at first because it's so sensitive and light, but it's absolutely the best pedal out there. If my Eliminator was 10, my Axis is 12! =)

Brobjer

peter
02-18-2004, 02:12 PM
I just played it again, after months on the Eliminator
and let me tell you, the action is truly something else.