PDA

View Full Version : hi guys!! heres a clip of my performance during a mapex clinic

Milo Porto
06-03-2009, 09:45 PM
hi guys!! heres a clip of my performance during a mapex clinic, im performi9ng a progressive metal track of my ex progressive metal band.

let me know what you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwDdqkWH-ck

:)

Logic1981
06-03-2009, 11:17 PM
hey MIlo:)

i hope thatīs your name:D
in my opinion great performance. my personal favourite in the song is the oriental thing at 1:20 and this great melody guitar lead at is wonderful:) 1:54 :) Beside nice sounding guitarsound:)
Keep it on!:)

al the best Chris:D

Milo Porto
06-04-2009, 01:00 AM
hey MIlo:)

i hope thatīs your name:D
in my opinion great performance. my personal favourite in the song is the oriental thing at 1:20 and this great melody guitar lead at is wonderful:) 1:54 :) Beside nice sounding guitarsound:)
Keep it on!:)

al the best Chris:D

hey chris, thanx, my name is Brandon Khoo. you can search me on <www.brandonkhoo.com>

thanks for your kind words. Its a song written on a theme of star wars, hence the imperial march like vibe at the intro and outro and over all vibe, is just basically prog METAL. \W/ YEAH!!! LOL

ive been doing a lot of pop stuff of late as well, but that has also starve the prog metal in me to just burst out.
all in all..thanks!!

Spinninsticks
06-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Oh my! I think thats my head blocking the right side of the cam.. thousand apologies.. :(

That was without a doubt, my favourite of the night. Hahah quite an understatement eh ?

Like Chris, I also like @ around 1:20 where the snare beat is tastefully placed as well as the double bass licks @ 2:20. Nicely Done!

Now my only wish is to watch it played LIVE... :D :D

Logic1981
06-04-2009, 01:46 AM
Like Chris, I also like @ around 1:20 where the snare beat is tastefully placed as well as the double bass licks @ 2:20. Nicely Done!

same mind at the same time:)

so i see i have to take some recordings with my camera and then post it:)

Milo Porto
06-04-2009, 02:21 AM
Oh my! I think thats my head blocking the right side of the cam.. thousand apologies.. :(

That was without a doubt, my favourite of the night. Hahah quite an understatement eh ?

Now my only wish is to watch it played LIVE... :D :D

thanks spinningstick. well.. rwith regards to your wish.. nothing is impossible..its all about timing.
who knows yeah.. :)

Milo Porto
06-04-2009, 02:22 AM
same mind at the same time:)

so i see i have to take some recordings with my camera and then post it:)

yeah.. posting videos like that has been on my mind for a long time.. now that its finally done.. more to come, more to come.

yes chris..please do post some videos!! :)

DRUMVARNA
06-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Very clean paying!!
Well done Brandon!!

Milo Porto
06-05-2009, 12:18 AM
thanks drumvana, coming from you guys ..it means a lot! =-)

vdreignsuponus1
06-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Brandon, you're a rockstar!

Looking forward to seeing more from you and glad that all is going well with your relationship with Mapex.

I still rock out to your older video of you guys playing Erotomania. :)

Great job man.

Milo Porto
06-05-2009, 12:57 PM
Brandon, you're a rockstar!

Looking forward to seeing more from you and glad that all is going well with your relationship with Mapex.

I still rock out to your older video of you guys playing Erotomania. :)

Great job man.

nah... virgil is THE rockstar.. not me!! :p

yeah MAPEX has been very good. not to mention im so in love with the balck panther walnut snare drum!! heheh!!

wow, that video..i havent seen in in 5 years. time to review!! LOL

thanks dude.. thanks virgil, thanks everyone.. i'll try to upload more videos, and better quality ones and post it here!! :)

peter
06-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Great stuff, Brandon!!

Those chokes were a great touch!!

Regards,

Pete

DavidPartay
06-05-2009, 02:15 PM
Is there anywhere I can download recordings of your ex prog metal band? :P

I've been finding it very hard to find good music that I can listen to more than once.

Milo Porto
06-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Great stuff, Brandon!!

Those chokes were a great touch!!

Regards,

Pete

thanks pete..that took me quite awhile to get used to.. and many many.. painful moments during practice! LOL

Milo Porto
06-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Is there anywhere I can download recordings of your ex prog metal band? :P

I've been finding it very hard to find good music that I can listen to more than once.

hey david, you can PM me your address and i can send you my bands EP, ..dont expect much though.. my band's EP was recorded on a very low budget..about 10 years ago.. where i was still pretty much starting out. :(

Milo Porto
06-05-2009, 10:07 PM
you guys can now view the video in the official Mapex drums youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/centerstagem