PDA

View Full Version : position of left pedal

candyman
07-10-2003, 07:06 PM
I had a question on postioning of the left bass drum pedal. I have seen many drummers with the left pedal being closer to them than the right pedal. Is there any particular reason for this or is just me??? Is there any way that when you set the left pedal you know that it set right??? I know it is a stupid question but any opinions would be appreciated.

Adam
07-10-2003, 11:37 PM
The way I see it, if you're trying to have both feet even, and be as ambidextorous (sp?) as possible, doesn't it make sense to have both pedels the same distance?? That's teh way I see it. hehe

alencore
07-11-2003, 06:07 AM
mine is a tad closer compared to the right. my left leg is at almost at right angle if i look at it on the side. the right is angle outward thus i'm sitted way further to the pedal.

v1rotate
07-11-2003, 07:36 PM
I use to see Virgil's setup about 10 years ago when he used the Sonor double pedals (the best universal joints with minimal play at the time) and he had his pedals set up so the left pedal was absolutely parallel with the right, this means that the connecting shaft is parallel with the drum head. His seat was right smack in the middle so he sat square on to the bass drum. I think he has abit of an angle now.

STAVROPOULOS
07-27-2003, 04:25 AM
hello all!
if you want my opinion,i would say that you should better arrange it depending on how it looks fine to you and your playing pal!
all the best!