PDA

View Full Version : Ring of fire DVD??

jonberg
07-06-2003, 02:04 AM
Where can I get that?? is it on audiophile imports?? is it worth buying??

Ive got to say that Virgils contributions to R O F in his songwriting (I bought DreamTower yesterday) are so interesting and creative, I love "invisible man". The intro is so beautiful and mysterious, and then shredding with double strokes, I love it :D
His songwriting should have as much recognition as his drumming ability I think.

jimi
07-06-2003, 10:19 AM
The Ring of Fire DVD was available with their previous album 'Burning Live in Tokyo'. I found it on one site but it cost $75 and said it could take months to arrive. It is interesting to watch although i much prefer Dreamtower.

Me.2
09-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Do you have that dvd Jimi? [ Any good?]

Tesco are listing it at 10-84......so thats just enough left over for a Doughnut too! :)

jimi
09-17-2003, 02:22 AM
With the DVD?? Tescos are in Ireland too, do you think i could get that here?

I have a VHS copy from a friend, the music is ok but its more just for the Virg collection! Actually i ordered both of Joel Hoekstra's CDs from guitarnine. cost me $37 incl. p&p (that 33 or 23!!) GOOD value and they were in the post within a couple of hours too:D

Me.2
09-17-2003, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by jimi
With the DVD?? Tescos are in Ireland too, do you think i could get that here?

Its on their Website Jimi...not sure about in the dvd section of a local store among the fruit and veg. :)

I have a VHS copy from a friend, the music is ok but its more just for the Virg collection! Actually i ordered both of Joel Hoekstra's CDs from guitarnine. cost me $37 incl. p&p (that 33 or 23!!) GOOD value and they were in the post within a couple of hours too:D

The dvd has different camera angles i think?

I ordered the Hoekstra from Guitar nine,..... excellent and fast service both times i've used them so far. That Dvd is on there too! 13

jimi
09-18-2003, 01:13 PM
It does have different cam angles for the song, bringer of pain.
actually virg has a small problem with his drop clutch at the start of his solo on the DVD. the top hihat is way too high so it couldnt reach the bottom hat when he pressed the pedal. i think he fixes it half way through.

jonberg
09-24-2003, 03:27 AM
I got the DVD yesterday.
Me personally got tired after 10-20minutes with all the fast licks from everyone, all the time...but I really like some songs, especially that halftime shuffle song with Virg going wild on the hihats (cant remember the name of the song), oracle and etc...

...I liked Virgils solo, but I missed his doublestrokes on his bassdrums :D

And there was one song where the band played some hooks and one time Virgil played one to many...I wonder if that was why he brought his sticks to the air and the band looked at him?? :D

Anyway, it was a nice DVD...I would have liked a few Dreamtower songs too.

Cheers!