PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get hold of Virgil or anyone who can help...

Noctivigant
04-21-2007, 08:39 AM
I tried to PM him, but that's been disabled on this forum, so I figured I'd post here instead. Any help on the matter will be MUCH appreciated.

-----------

Hi,

I'm a drummer currently studying 'Music Performance' as a 12th grade student at Elizabeth College in Hobart, Australia. I have to perform for 30 minutes for a panel of examiners at the end of the school year for my final assessment. I'm allowed to play along to backing tracks or with other musicians.

I recently picked up On The Virg - Serious Young Insects, and have decided that I'd like to play track 5, Pyramids On Mars for my practical examination.

As I don't know of other musicians in the area who could learn the song by ear and accompany me in my exam, is it possible for me to get an mp3/cd/etc. of the song without the drums? If not, is there a midi track or sheet music available?

My email address is Gherkin @ mailshack.com (Minus the spaces. Don't want to get thrown on spamming lists... :eek: )

Thanks in advance,
Aidan

P.S. Do you count the intro in 7/4, 21/8, 4/4 or something else? I have to transcribe the drum part for the examiners and would like to use the 'proper' time signature. :p

EDIT: I just noticed the 'Music Without Drums' section of this forum. It it possible for Pyramids On Mars to be added there?

mgray
04-21-2007, 08:50 AM
virgil's book has all of the sheet music, and an explanation of all of the grooves. the opening groove is in 7/16.

Noctivigant
04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks.

Does Virgil's book have the sheet music for ALL instruments, or just the drums?

Noctivigant
04-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks.

Does Virgil's book have the sheet music for ALL instruments, or just the drums?

EDIT: Never mind. I just found the book. It looks like it's EXACTLY what I need! Thanks. Now I just have to find somewhere to buy it locally... :)