PDA

View Full Version : Practice pads

Brobjer
12-27-2003, 05:39 AM
Which practice pads are the best? I have had my eye on a snare pad from E-Company called "E-Pad!" and I was wondering if it is any good? I would like pads that could be attached to a snarestand in some way.

And then the bassdrum; what should I use? In a local store here in Sweden I've spotted a pad that s used for trying out pedals and I think I could get that one fairly cheap. It's Remo by the way. Any other suggestions?

Thx,

Brobjer

quitou
12-27-2003, 10:59 AM
I have a real feel practice pad....I think it's 12 inches so you can fit it right into a snare stand.....for the bass drum practice pad, I have a pearl one....not exactly sure what model it is or anything, but I've had no problems with it as of yet.

Brobjer
12-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Allright Quitou!
I just talked to my endorsement dealer and they have som practice pads called Real Feel from HQ Percussion. Is that the one?
I'm gonna look up the Pearl bassdrum pad.

See ya!

quitou
12-27-2003, 02:49 PM
Yup Brobjer, that's the practice pad I have...they're quite good....I really like it.

Brobjer
12-27-2003, 03:20 PM
Nice!

alencore
12-28-2003, 03:24 AM
well, mine were made by maxtor. it's a full set up. but i had to modify the batter part to mimic feel of toms and bass drum. and added
a left bass drum pad with it's own pedal hoop clamps.

LOL! Heres a pic of them. (http://www.geocities.com/gratemac_sfp/drumpads.jpg)
right click, save target as...

Vincent J.
07-20-2006, 06:16 AM
okay, I'm looking for a practice pad for my bassdrum.
Can anyone post some links or models and stuff, because I haven't found anything yet...

And by the way, I have a stagg CB-PB-BX cowbell-holder, can't I use that in some way?

Vincent J.
07-20-2006, 07:20 AM
okay, I'm looking for a practice pad for my bassdrum.
Can anyone post some links or models and stuff, because I haven't found anything yet...

And by the way, I have a stagg CB-PB-BX cowbell-holder, can't I use that in some way?
oh nevermind, I already ordered this the 'Pearl BD10 Bass Drum Practice Pad'
: http://www0.shopping.com/xPC-Pearl_Pearl_BD10_Bass_Drum_Practice_Pad#

leugim_0000
07-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Just take into consideration that practice pads will never fully mimic the feel of a real bass-drum; atleast in my case. I bought a gibraltar and i practiced on that for months now. When i got back on a real bass-drum the rebound at higher speeds was more than i could handle. I finally realized it was like kicking mud, yet it will help build stamina.

roxz
07-29-2006, 02:00 AM
I have a pearl bassdrum practice pad and got rid of the foam and put a folded towel on it, now I almost have no rebound

scottydrumbass
08-03-2006, 04:55 AM
moongel practise pad, no rebound whatsoever, and roland kd8 for kick drum