PDA

View Full Version : My First Endorsement!!

RadZS
08-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Hey guys, well I'm not going to lie, I'm super stoked right now. I am now a Mapex endorser. They have been great to deal with. I will post pics of my new kit(s) as soon as I can. Anybody else on here a Mapex fan?

morgenthaler
08-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Congrats RadZS!!!!
WOW, that's huge!
Good on you!

electrizer
08-11-2006, 02:00 PM
umm, maybe this is a stupid question but what is endorsement based on? how does it work? i've had to do with that term many times and i know what's that but i'd like to know how it functions. anyone?

Kinetic drummer
08-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Congrats RadZS!!!!
WOW, that's huge!
Good on you!

i cant help it!! everytime i read or listen "thats huge" i immdiately think in dom famularo! lol

CONGRATS RADZS! SELL ME A CHEAPER MAPEX SET! :P just kiddin.

Matthias
08-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Hey guys, well I'm not going to lie, I'm super stoked right now. I am now a Mapex endorser. They have been great to deal with. I will post pics of my new kit(s) as soon as I can. Anybody else on here a Mapex fan?

Congratulations! Which country do you live in?
I'm a Mapex player :D !! My brand new kit is about to come in a few days or weeks! It'll be a coffee burst orion kit, 22" bass drum, 10", 12", 14" and 16" toms and a regular Black Panther snare - can't wait :D !!!
What do you have? Did you adress Mapex or did they come to you?

Grzegorz
08-11-2006, 02:48 PM
umm, maybe this is a stupid question but what is endorsement based on? how does it work? i've had to do with that term many times and i know what's that but i'd like to know how it functions. anyone?
How is it possible to know what endorsement is and don't know how it functions at the same time? :p Simply - you're endorser = you've got stuff for free, or at least really big discount. There are many levels of endorsement.

RadZS - congratulations! :) Personally I like Mapex for its entry level and lower semi pro drums like Q, V, M and Pro M, but if I want semi pro or pro drums, I'll probably go for Pearl.

yyzke
08-11-2006, 03:00 PM
That's great news !! Definately a move in the right direction.

Matthias
08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Oh by the way, do you have some nice pictures of your gear?

hemi
08-11-2006, 04:05 PM
How is it possible to know what endorsement is and don't know how it functions at the same time? :p Simply - you're endorser = you've got stuff for free, or at least really big discount. There are many levels of endorsement.

RadZS - congratulations! :) Personally I like Mapex for its entry level and lower semi pro drums like Q, V, M and Pro M, but if I want semi pro or pro drums, I'll probably go for Pearl.

Pro-M is not a semi-pro drum anymore Gregorz, this year they started using the Orion Shells on the Pro-M kits. The ONLy difference is the Orion will have a layer of Burlwood on them and some of the hardware is mounted differntly.

As for a Pro-kit, the Saturn is used by MANY professionals playing huge shows and audiences.

Another big advantage Mapex has over Pearls best is ALL Pearls drums have 2 holes drilled for each lug. Mapex has only one. And as we all know, that puts you closer to a more virgin drum. I didn't say that they are virgin drums, but you will have the advantage of not having all them nasty holes drilled in your shells.

Mapex has come a LOooooooong way and it shows.

A BIG congrats RadZS, you have a excellent sponsor and set of drums :)

hemi
08-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Here's some pics of my new 6 pc studio kit(About 2 months old), I also am waiting to pic up my new Saturn kit this Monday in Deep Cherry sparkle, another 6 piece studio kit :) So as you can tell, I'm a Mapex nut. Oh, you may be asking, why 2 kits, I want one for my home studio and one for gigging :)
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/1.jpg
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/2.jpg
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/4.jpg
http://www.mopar100.com/drums/5.jpg

hemi
08-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Here's a pic of the Deep cherry sparkle, this is not my kit. just the color it is. Enjoy

http://www.mopar100.com/drums/saturn.jpg

hemi
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
One last thing-Joe Hibbs is a great guy :) The best people in the industry are with Mapex IMO! :)

D. Slam
08-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Mapex is off the chain! Great drums! They're walnut inner shells sound KILLER!

Much congratulations, RadZs... That is truly a big deal... Shoot, it'd be a big deal for me just to get endorsed by a drumstick company, let alone a drum company! Good going, my man.

Hemi, I know we haven't seen eye to eye in the past, but beautiful kit, man! Congratulations to you also. I'd like to bury the hatchets (in someplace other than our heads) if that's alright with you.

D.

hemi
08-11-2006, 06:44 PM
Of course it's alright with me D.Slam :) Part of my apologies was directed at you :)

RadZS
08-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Yes I am very excitied about my future with Mapex. I have actually been talking with a few drum companies about endorsements. Being as I am 21, I was really looking for someone I can grow with. A couple of other companies offered deals, but Mapex wanted to grow with me. I actually don't have a Mapex kit right now, should be getting all that squared away by the end of the month. I will post pics of my set-up as soon as I get them. The good part is Mapex USA is only 20mins from my house! and yes hemi...Joe Hibbs is THE MAN!

Grzegorz
08-11-2006, 11:26 PM
Pro-M is not a semi-pro drum anymore Gregorz, this year they started using the Orion Shells on the Pro-M kits. The ONLy difference is the Orion will have a layer of Burlwood on them and some of the hardware is mounted differntly.
Thanks, I didn't know that :)

As for a Pro-kit, the Saturn is used by MANY professionals playing huge shows and audiences.
I know, I didn't say noone use them.

Another big advantage Mapex has over Pearls best is ALL Pearls drums have 2 holes drilled for each lug. Mapex has only one. And as we all know, that puts you closer to a more virgin drum. I didn't say that they are virgin drums, but you will have the advantage of not having all them nasty holes drilled in your shells.
My friend bought Black Panther snare and the shell was not round. Another person had set in which (probably) bass drum cracked. I've heard about more problems with Mapex. That's why I would go for Pearls semi-pro or pro series - for sure they're expensive, but for that price I receive great quality. I own Mapex Q myself (and Yamaha DP) and I think Q is quite nice set for such a low price, but as I said - for better sound/quality my choice would probably be Pearl.

hemi
08-11-2006, 11:46 PM
I personally have heard so many issues on pearl drums over the years I would never even think of getting one. I have heard the same issues of drums being out of round from Pearl, along with broken lugs, faulty hardware, terrible customer service, long waits for pieces and more, too much more for me to list. Also remember, every drum manufacturer will have a issue just do to the volumes sold. I have yet to hear of a drum manufacturer being perfect. I certanly could believe anything from anyone of these manufacturers. Everyone has a special preference and will think they are the best. I have personally owned 6 Mapex kits and never had any problems. So that's all I have to go on. I have never owned a Pearl so I cant say first hand anything has happened to me. :)

Grzegorz
08-12-2006, 12:26 AM
So it seems that every drum company sucks ;) I've never had any Pearl kit (though I played couple of them and I own MRX snare), so my opinion on that company is based on opinions I've heard. My friend (who I mentioned before) had many different kits from different companies, but he says he's most satisfied with Pearl. He had almost all of their series (from Rhytm Traveller through Session and Masters to Reference) and he has never had any problems with them. He's Pearl (and Paiste :) ) endorser for about two years, but he was into Pearl much earlier.

jonberg
08-12-2006, 02:58 AM
I have a Mapex Orion Jazz kit and a Pearl Masterworks kit and I think both are great drumsets and brands. Itīs a matter of taste in most cases I believe.
But one thing I donīt like about Pearl is their hardware (theyīve been a pain in the A## for me all the time)

C.J.
08-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey RadZS!

Congratulations for the endorsement! Please keep us informed.

Regards,
Me.

D. Slam
08-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Of course it's alright with me D.Slam :) Part of my apologies was directed at you :)

Thank you, Hemi... It takes a big man to say the words you said in that particular post. I apologize for my own childish behavior toward you as well. Life is really to short to be at odds and throwing hurt around. Sure we can disagree, but there's no reason not to remain friends or civil while doing so... Respect for one another can surely be the begining role in the re building of morale on this site.

Just a quick question off subject. I take it by your user name that you're a mopar man, so am I. What do you think of the new concept Dodge Challenger?!

D.

hemi
08-12-2006, 12:12 PM
So it seems that every drum company sucks

Oh no Grezgorz, that's not what I'm saying at all. I believe the drum makers of today all make pretty good sets. I was merely stating, there's bound to be a mistake due to the sheer numbers sold. I think it would be hard to produce thousands of drums a year without a mistake occouring from anyone, whether it be Pearl, Mapex, Sonor etc.. After all, we are all human and make mistakes :)

What do you think of the new concept Dodge Challenger

Love it :)

Grzegorz
08-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Oh no Grezgorz, that's not what I'm saying at all. I believe the drum makers of today all make pretty good sets. I was merely stating, there's bound to be a mistake due to the sheer numbers sold. I think it would be hard to produce thousands of drums a year without a mistake occouring from anyone, whether it be Pearl, Mapex, Sonor etc.. After all, we are all human and make mistakes :)

Love it :)
I was just kidding :) I wouldn't mind being Mapex endorser :D

D. Slam
08-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Pretty much all the major drum companies are very good, especially when it comes to their higher end lines. They likely all have their quirks too. Something that was pointed out to me by the store salesman about Mapex is on the tom mounting system on the kick drum, you can't get the toms very low without parts hitting each other. I noticed when taking time to adjust a set of Saturns that were on the store floor that this is very true. It certainly doesn't mean that Mapex is a bad drum company, it's just an area that they have to have another look at and rethink.

I've owned and played Pearl drums and can personally testify that they are a great set of drums ( at least the set I had). I've heard some horrible stories about quality control with Premier, but the two sets that I have ( One set you've never seen) have been very good to me. Mapex, Tama, Pearl, DW, Yamaha, Sonar, Premier, Gretsch, Spaun, Pork Pie... Even Ludwig is making a strong comeback after a horrid bout with quality control and a huge drop off in sales They all make great stuff...

Whose the best? Who knows? The ones I have had and have all have worked and work well for me. I'm a firm believer when choosing a drum set that you should look for a company that best meets your needs in sound, setup and service and not get totally sucked in merely by showroom first impression. Ask a bunch of questions and thorougly check everything out. In doing this you will likely wind up happy, no matter what drum company you decide to go with.

D.