PDA

View Full Version : Moongel practice pads

morgenthaler
12-09-2003, 12:08 PM
I know I just touched the subject in another thread but I would just like to highly recomend these great practice pads!
Check out www.rtom.com and look for the workout pad which is great to (well, duh..) work out on!

What do you think of them?
I know that they dont have much bounce, -but HEY! ..you know what??? Thats the idea!!

Brobjer
12-10-2003, 09:21 AM
I haven't tried it but does it still have good rebound?

Brobjer

jimi
12-10-2003, 12:04 PM
They have NO rebound brobjer!!:)

alencore
12-10-2003, 10:47 PM
I can't comment on such pads without any bounce. I can use my pillows for that.

Now me ponder on my old beat up pads...
My father bought me these Maxtor practice pad kit. I had to put some thick but softer paddings to get a closer feel to toms-toms and bass drum on them. Then ask a friend working in a metal shop to contruct me a sturdy left bass drum pad with it's own mounts for my left single pedal. Then put some rubbers on top of cymbals...BOOM! A full blown practice kit I can pour all my hard woodshedding days like crazy! I enjoy practicing on them as much on the real kit.

Practicing on a full practice kit has the added benefit of saving the wear and tear of drumheads, cymbals, sticks and pedals on your real dum kit. I was just using these cheap modified pedals for my p kit and remove the rims on my snare pad which kept my practice sticks un-crack, not even a little nitch for almost 10 years using them exclusively.

Plus my neighbors and ppl in the house are a lot releived of the noise...hehe.

Tool
12-11-2003, 02:13 AM
Those Moongel pads are THE SHIT!
As they have really no rebound after practising with these, youŽll play a doublestroke roll from hell when it comes to a real snare.
Really good for wrist workout

Lucius
12-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Sweet, i might look into one :D

Drumblast
12-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Alesis spent thousands of dollars designing and building an electronic drumset with Moongel pads.
Great Idea. The only problem was when they introduced it to the players, they could only do ten minutes on them, then they were completely drained.
Scrapped that idea real quick!