PDA

View Full Version : That solo!

morgenthaler
12-09-2003, 12:03 PM
I just saw the Connecticut video for what must be the 100īth time.... The solo stands out to me as Virgils best videotaped solo to date.... what do you guys think?

jagdkommando
12-09-2003, 01:01 PM
I totally agree with you ... such fire in the eyes and so perfect during the performance ... I've never seen him play such clean.

maggimus
12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
Yup! I agree w/U Jeppe...that solo is AMAZING!!!

kirk
12-09-2003, 06:06 PM
I very much agree that as a free form solo it is his best to date, that is what is on tape. Even though, you guy's know even better than me that he has had more outstanding performances not caught on tape. Wish I could see some of those. Like his Italy performance about a year and a half ago or something like that,
Jakdkommando knows the one, where Virgil stated that it was one of his very best. The Conn. solo is such a great solo as far as lick after lick, chop after chop, very showy and technical and very clean and crisp but he displays more interdependence ideas on the TUDW dvd. And the best soloing in a band(soloing within the song while the others are comping) context is the CAB performance from this year at the Potato, some footage which I was fortunate to get along with a few others. In a jazz-fusion setting it is the best I have seen from anybody period MAN!! he just blows and it is right on the money, great and very musical chops, wonderful flow of ideas, very precise with the energy and showmanship which he delivers like no one else.

Kirk

jimi
12-10-2003, 04:20 AM
I like that one very much, but there are others that are much better, obviously we will have access to alot more footage as premium members, i am looking into a recording which i want to donate to the premium members section. its from his euro tour '03, and i can't say much more for now, except that ye will talk about it lots!!:D

mauricio
12-10-2003, 04:58 AM
Jimi, now Iīm fucking curious.

jonberg
12-11-2003, 12:48 AM
Whatīs this Connecticut solo thing...something I missed??

jimi
12-11-2003, 02:00 AM
email me jonberg!!
its an official bootleg of a clinic Virgil did in Manchester, Conneticutt (USA) 24 Sept. '00
It features Native Metal, MAlfunction, Trencherman, Alien Hip-hop, Solo, Bitch and is about 45mins long. the 20min solo is excellent as the guys have mentioned too! Virgil gets a standing ovation from a massive crowd too:)

maggimus
12-11-2003, 09:18 AM
Also..the drumsolo from the Moonbabies tour bootleg cd ..that's A KILLER!!!!

jimi
12-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Ya, you can actually hear people mutter s**t and holy f**k and other expletives when Virg does some crazy stuff if you listen hard enough!!:D i like that bootleg very much:)

Brobjer
12-11-2003, 03:07 PM
Jimi! I want the OTV bootlegs!! :):)

Brobjer

BrettLee
12-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Me too!! Would someone here be generous to offer us some clips of it?

jimi
12-12-2003, 06:17 AM
This tape was for sale on the net a while back, ask Chris if he will be able to make the solo available for Premium Members. Virgil doesn't like bootlegs, and this was the only one ever authorised by him (other than the PX demos etc.) to be available.
PM or email me if you want more info.

vdreignsuponus1
12-21-2003, 10:20 AM
sry, ive never seen it.:(

bootdogs
12-21-2003, 06:44 PM
Im pretty sure we'll see it surface on the premium part of the site, jimi. We'll know soon enough.

jimi
12-22-2003, 03:59 PM
I duno, i'm thinking that they have a schedule of what will be available each month done out (might be wrong though) so ye mightened see it for a while, that is if chris thinks its a good idea too!

bootdogs
12-22-2003, 10:01 PM
We'll all find out pretty soon! :)