PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroke with feet

Erik Strife
04-26-2006, 04:50 PM
I just watcheds the video by Derrek Pope on the double stroke with the feet. The heel toe concept isnt new to me but I was wondering if that is how Virgil does it. I always thought he did it heels up. If anybody knows they should get back to me...

CarpathiasRise
04-26-2006, 06:33 PM
I just watcheds the video by Derrek Pope on the double stroke with the feet. The heel toe concept isnt new to me but I was wondering if that is how Virgil does it. I always thought he did it heels up. If anybody knows they should get back to me...

This video shows his feet very well. http://youtube.com/watch?v=3J0tI2S7A6U&search=Virgil%20Donati

Jameson
04-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Oh, wow! I was just going to ask the same exact question, presenting the same video as evidence. What "method" is that considered? I've been trying it, is there any secret behind it? It looks like he's just kicking his pedals down with his toes, and maybe sliding a little bit.

CarpathiasRise
04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
yeah, i think he just taps it twice, i dont think there is any heel toe, and i think there is some sliding, but i dont think its on purpose

DerNeue
04-29-2006, 02:17 AM
He just moves the ankle twice while he tries to move his leg only once for two strokes. There is no special name for it. It a logical way of playing doubles heelup. It is about the same concept with doubles on the hands when you do one stroke with the fingers and next with the wrist.
The sliding just happens naturally when you get faster but the basic concept is to stay in the sweet spot of the pedal all the time!

C.J.
05-15-2006, 04:51 AM
Cool, so we've got a troll!