PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me, or does it seem like drumbum.com is mostly for beginners?

Lad.
04-10-2006, 04:09 PM
It feels like every time I go to that site, I leave with nothing. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I have a 56k connection, and my viewing capabilities are limited, but I almost think that it's because of the material that I find there. It seems to be based mostly for beginners, and I can't learn a thing from it. The only thing I've been able to utilize in the past 2 days is the "half time" section. Though I don't understand the full concept of half time ( and I'd sure like to ), the pattern that is played in the video in this section brought out new drumming ideas. Any suggestions on valuable parts of this site that I can utilize without needing a broadband connection? I'd like a pointer here or there on what would come in handy. I'll thank you later.

Lad.
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
HAPPY CRACKER :confused:

DrummZ
04-11-2006, 01:34 PM
I think it's mostly beginners stuff ?
i guess we don't know 56k anymore, so it's hard to give advice..
just one :
If you don't have ADSL/broadband, then you don't have internet !
no offence, but you'll understand once you've got it..
it's worth EVERY investing penny.
you're missing out on a lot of free drumming/lessons footage,
GET IT YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT.. (just trying to help).

KarnEvil
04-11-2006, 04:19 PM
I think it's mostly beginners stuff ?
i guess we don't know 56k anymore, so it's hard to give advice..
just one :
If you don't have ADSL/broadband, then you don't have internet !
no offence, but you'll understand once you've got it..
it's worth EVERY investing penny.
you're missing out on a lot of free drumming/lessons footage,
GET IT YOU'LL NEVER REGRET IT.. (just trying to help).

ditto that - the internet is so chock full of useful resources whether it be drumming or anything else, you're missing out, and surprisingly broadband isn't much more than 56k. Broadband used to be for uber-geeks (like me) and businesses now it is the norm.

Lad.
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Well, guys, it's not that I turn down offers to have DSL / Cable, it's just that I can't get it where I live. I've been wanting it for 2 years now, and they still haven't extended the area. They're ****ing me. oooooooh yes, they are ****ing me. and I really don't have internet.