View Full Version : Keith Carlock

03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, i think he's an amazing drummer, really original playin'...check out the new drummerworld video, it's amazing, i give him an "A" on feel...really really expressive, i think he can't help moving around like that when playin'...i think that comes natural due to all that feeling he has with the instrument...what do you think about him???

03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Just know him from the new MD-fest DVD. I think he's great, although I almost couldn't look at him :) !

I'd say he played quite the same the whole time, including solo. It sounded GREAT and grooving, but always the same. He has a great fill too, all the snare-ghostnotes and two 32th (I think) note accents on the little tom (maybe with a flam on bass drum), you know which I mean? But again, he uses it too much IMO.

I wonder how he sounds on other occasions!

On the MD-DVD I was more impressed with Rodney Holmes. The guy's amazing!!

03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Carlock is indeed playing with great feel..
but it looks so ..strange

Holmes is playing clinic where i live on april 5,
his playing reminds me of Colaiuta..
i only "hate" the cowbell.. sorry..

03-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Saw him with Sting two years ago - stunning player. Phrasing and feel to die for!

12-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Just found an interesting new CD with Carlock on drums, "Fuzzy" by Guitarist Oz Noy.
Carlock is Mr Groove!

12-22-2007, 03:34 PM
A tip is to buy Donald Fagens Morph the cat cd, Keiths timing is insane and it grooves like crazy on some tracks. Somebody else that also has it?

03-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Keith is such a groove machine!!
Saw him live at a concert & clinic yesterday, and he was simply amazing! And a nice guy, too!

03-17-2009, 05:16 AM
On the MD-DVD I was more impressed with Rodney Holmes. The guy's amazing!!
Nowadays I'm much more impressed with Keith actually:D.