PDA

View Full Version : Keith Carlock

RLRRLRLL!!
03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, i think he's an amazing drummer, really original playin'...check out the new drummerworld video, it's amazing, i give him an "A" on feel...really really expressive, i think he can't help moving around like that when playin'...i think that comes natural due to all that feeling he has with the instrument...what do you think about him???

Matthias
03-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Just know him from the new MD-fest DVD. I think he's great, although I almost couldn't look at him :) !

I'd say he played quite the same the whole time, including solo. It sounded GREAT and grooving, but always the same. He has a great fill too, all the snare-ghostnotes and two 32th (I think) note accents on the little tom (maybe with a flam on bass drum), you know which I mean? But again, he uses it too much IMO.

I wonder how he sounds on other occasions!

On the MD-DVD I was more impressed with Rodney Holmes. The guy's amazing!!

DrummZ
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Carlock is indeed playing with great feel..
but it looks so ..strange

Holmes is playing clinic where i live on april 5,
his playing reminds me of Colaiuta..
i only "hate" the cowbell.. sorry..

johngregson
03-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Saw him with Sting two years ago - stunning player. Phrasing and feel to die for!

Matthias
12-22-2007, 05:50 AM
Just found an interesting new CD with Carlock on drums, "Fuzzy" by Guitarist Oz Noy.
Carlock is Mr Groove!

sandstrom
12-22-2007, 03:34 PM
A tip is to buy Donald Fagens Morph the cat cd, Keiths timing is insane and it grooves like crazy on some tracks. Somebody else that also has it?

Matthias
03-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Keith is such a groove machine!!
Saw him live at a concert & clinic yesterday, and he was simply amazing! And a nice guy, too!

Matthias
03-17-2009, 05:16 AM
On the MD-DVD I was more impressed with Rodney Holmes. The guy's amazing!!
Nowadays I'm much more impressed with Keith actually:D.