PDA

View Full Version : Ahead Drumsticks

Drum-o-holic
02-02-2006, 08:30 AM
hey, i hav this Ahead Spug Mudvayne Signature Drumsticks, and i need to change the Alloy drumstick covers... can anyone tell me which one i shud get??

1. Short Taper Covers
2. Long Taper Covers
3. Medium Taper Covers

thanx..

Peace!! :)

drummerboy812
02-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Not to sound "anal" or anything but..if it was me..I'd get all three. If you can afford it, that's what I'd do. Otherwise..I dunno, good question.
Take care,
K

TheJollyMan707
02-02-2006, 10:44 PM
check the ahead website or google the sticks and it'll usually say wut covers u need

Drum-o-holic
02-03-2006, 03:38 AM
Not to sound "anal" or anything but..if it was me..I'd get all three. If you can afford it, that's what I'd do. Otherwise..I dunno, good question.
Take care,
K

hey. thanx for your idea, affordibility isnt a matter.. after all its only $4 per pair..lol..

anywayz thanx...i wud have done the same thng....

peace..

Drum-o-holic
02-03-2006, 03:39 AM
check the ahead website or google the sticks and it'll usually say wut covers u need

thanx..but wats the site for Ahead??..google doesnt take u to the right site..

morgenthaler
02-03-2006, 04:16 AM
I would just recomend you to try wood sticks. The Ahead sticks can really jam your wrist joints, plus the rebound in those sticks suck, compared to real wood.

davidseung
02-04-2006, 03:38 PM
http://www.bigbangdist.com/ahead_st.htm

you must buy a medium taper or a WST Wood Tone.

NO other cover is compatible with that stick.

davidseung
02-04-2006, 03:41 PM
I would just recomend you to try wood sticks. The Ahead sticks can really jam your wrist joints, plus the rebound in those sticks suck, compared to real wood.

i actually switched to ahead because wood sticks were hurting my joints.

ahead sticks absorb heaps of the shock and vibration. so for a drummer like me that spends a lot of time hitting hard rubber electronic pads, they really save my wrists.

I would never use aheads on acoustic drums though.. shock and vibration isnt a real problem there. and plus... ahead sticks tend to bring out terrible drum sounds.

drummerboy812
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I think the durability of them is great, but the sound...not so good. I think in a live setting, they're ok, no one would know. I have a pair and use them occasionally, but I still prefer wood. To each their own. Try 'em, and enjoy 'em. Take care,
K

panterica
02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
i think your ahead uses medium taper. =) that's a 7A stick.

Drum-o-holic
02-15-2006, 05:53 AM
yeah ..thanx a lot guys.. really appreciated the help..!!.. im ordering it on musiciansfriend .. now..

Peace

Lad.
03-27-2006, 08:09 PM
I've never really heard of the "shock" that comes from hitting a pad / head actually giving anyone any joint aches. I'm not doubting the authenticity of the statement, I'm just saying that it sounds unusual.

stefan_vortex
03-27-2006, 11:21 PM
I've never really heard of the "shock" that comes from hitting a pad / head actually giving anyone any joint aches.
??? :confused: ????
interesting...

drummaman1
03-28-2006, 12:51 PM
check the plastic cover...usually at the bottom there is a letter designation (mine are LT). Hope that helps.

Also, if you have trouble removing or placing them on, use a hair dryer. it will expand the plastic temporarily, and you won't have gouges like I did (I used a C-Clamp and pliers. Note to self: read the directions.)

C.J.
03-29-2006, 02:34 AM
I used to put the plastic covers in the
oven for a min before placing them on
the sticks...

I say long live wooden sticks! Booh alloy!

Ed. Junior
03-29-2006, 03:27 AM
:confused: Please, have someone here, speaking portugese? :confused: :confused: This is my first post. I am a brasilian drummer and I dont Know english. I know a "smal" words and i am learning it. Some thinks i understand. I'm sorry for my error words. In my country the culture ritmc is very big. and i love it and I use it for my profile, the Rock Progressive. :D :D :p :confused: :confused: :(

stefan_vortex
03-29-2006, 11:34 AM
welcome your english is not so bad-i understood everything:)