PDA

View Full Version : Who is you fav drummer?

grindkatalyst
12-07-2005, 09:16 PM
it's ben again, i have a question for you guys who is your favorite drummer, my fav of all is ... derek roddy.... and then, georgekollias, flo mounier, pete wildoer. Choose from the list below and then tell me yours.... choose wisely....

...Derek roddy.... .....George kollias.... ...Flo mounier.... .... John longstreth....
...Peter wildoer... ....Tim yeung.... ....Vinnie paul.... .....Buddy rich.....

bateria
12-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Are we restricted to the list you provided?

TimeConsumer
12-08-2005, 05:10 AM
**** choosing from a stupid list. Mine is Dave Raun, second in place is thomas lang.

Matthias
12-08-2005, 06:16 AM
Virgil Donati
Vinnie Colaiuta
Dave Weckl
Horacio Hernandez
Dennis Chambers
Marco Minnemann
Ralf Gustke
and the list goes on

ataraxia
12-08-2005, 06:17 AM
at the moment it's dennis chambers and brian blade.

x86zero
12-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Gene Hoglan.

C.J.
12-08-2005, 08:57 AM
Pierre Belleville.

Kinetic drummer
12-08-2005, 01:42 PM
brian blade rules man! ive heard him in gary willis cds and the stuff is amazing. i think is hard to choose a fav drummer.

virgil is my favorite in the physical aspect! man! he does everything! he is about perfection
marco in the other hand, is so musical, and his independence is unbeliavable.
thomas was one of my favs, but he is a drumming machine, sometimes i forget he is adrummer and i dont like that. cool dvd though!
steve smith! for jazz drumming
jojo! harvey mason! man! they groove. or david garibaldi! its hard to choose.
i forgot mangini!

morgenthaler
12-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Please don't get me wrong, but what's the deal with this thread?
Would you also go to Thomas Langs site and make a list of favorite drummers, not including him? Isn't that better suitet for a place like www.drummerworld.com?

BTW, If I should make a list of favorite drummers I am sorry to say, but I could NOT choose one from your list!
I'm not telling you how to post, but maybe just think about which forums it would be better suitet for.

Oh one last thing...my favorite drummer is a guy from Australia called Verginio Donati

All the very best,

GreenPremier
12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Virginio? Can't say I've heard of him...but I have heard of VIRGIL Donati..they bros or something? Cus..cus...I haven't heard of that guy..m..may..maybe you have them confused? I'm not sure..but you might have them confused...or you could've just spelled his frickin' name wrong!!!

Chill howdy...

grindkatalyst
12-08-2005, 06:35 PM
hahahahahahahahahaha

grindkatalyst
12-08-2005, 06:38 PM
What ive noticed about forums in general, some smartass always has to come on and talk about .."how stupid this thread is," or "i dont have to answer your stupid questions," if you dont like the freakin thread dont post! It seems like there has to be something stupid said or disrespectful, id rather have no comments at all than a disrespectful one.

GreenPremier
12-08-2005, 10:21 PM
Virgil, Mangini, Torturer, Roddy, Lopez, Inferno,...I don't have a favorite. But they're mostly metal drummers and technical/clinicians. Don't provide such a narrow list. I see your intended point though, which of the ones you listed are your favorite...in which case I'd have to say Derek Roddy. :)

Jameson
12-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Derek, Mangini, Virgil, Portnoy, and Lang.

Virginio :D

morgenthaler
12-09-2005, 01:39 AM
Sorry, yeah obviously I'm the smartass. What was I thinking.
Verginio is his (real) italian name.

Drum-o-holic
12-09-2005, 05:29 AM
i hav to go with Buddy Rich , hes awesome!!
Altho he is not favourite drummer, im like the biggest fan of Lar Ulrich :cool: ..coz he really rocks!!...lol

Peace!

GreenPremier
12-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Sorry, yeah obviously I'm the smartass. What was I thinking.
Verginio is his (real) italian name.

Well...if Italy was next to Australia I might let it slide..but come on..Whether "Verginio" means Virgil in Italian or not, he's from Australia!! Why doesn't it say his "real" name is Verginio ANYWHERE one the site?

morgenthaler
12-09-2005, 09:29 AM
@GreenPremier: I don't know and it wasn't a big point I was trying to make, but it's nevertheless the case.
Why doesn't Vinnie Colaiuta call himself Vincenzo?

My -smartass, stupid, disrespectful- point was something like this:

Why go to Packers.com and say your favorite team is anything but Packers?
I think the idea of a favorite drummers list is cool...I just imagined it would be better suited some place "neutral" -in lack of better words.

Sillyman
12-09-2005, 12:43 PM
Mine are Virgil Donati,Thomas Lang,Marco Minnemann,Dave Weckl,Horacio Hernandez,JoJo Mayers,John Blackwell,Buddy Rich,Mike Mangini,Terry Bozzio ,and the list can go for long but i saw a Godsmack concert and i liked the style of the band's drummer he is crazy!!!!!

johngregson
12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Currently a tie between Virgil and Gavin Harrison. They groove, AND they make you think!

Ernie Clifton
12-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Derek, Flo, Inferno, Adrian Earlandson, Horge, and The guy from AC/DC... haha

grindkatalyst
12-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Morgenthaler i wasnt talking about you being a smart ass previous answers before you some smartass said "i dont have to answer from a stupid list" like a two year old and i was talking to him other than that i wasnt talking to you and i know what you mean about virgil to me he didnt even have to be on the list he's everyones fav that goes without saying he needs no into.

D.W.A.
12-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Blahh blahh blahh....it was a simple ass question. How does all the drama get started?

Ohh....and VD for me....and no....not venereal desease..... :D

bateria
12-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Well...if Italy was next to Australia I might let it slide..but come on..Whether "Verginio" means Virgil in Italian or not, he's from Australia!! Why doesn't it say his "real" name is Verginio ANYWHERE one the site?

He is Italian in background...note the last name "Donati"...very Italian. It's not like he's a descendant of the British people that settled in Australia and his last name is "Wellington" or something. And he probably just uses Virgil because yes, he did grow up in an English speaking country, so it was easier to use the English translation. My "real" name is in a language other than English, but I use an English translation because it's easier for people.

Although, Verginio is an awesome sounding name. :cool:

johngregson
12-10-2005, 06:52 AM
"On The Verginio".

Hmmm.

Is it too late to reprint the album cover?

jperrau10v
12-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Virgil Donati, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dennis Chambers, dave Weckl, Max Roach, Buddy Rich....

mathcore
12-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Man, so great to see Wildoer from Darkane on your list. A very underrated drummer/tabla player IMO.

dcdrmwthme
12-10-2005, 12:46 PM
Vincenzo (AKA Vinnie) Colaiuta is my favorite drummer. He'll keep your head spinning with amazement.

morgenthaler
12-11-2005, 04:54 AM
alright grind...I guess I read a bit too much into that post then.
But why would you narrow the options to such a small list?

All the best,

TimeConsumer
12-11-2005, 07:09 AM
Morgenthaler i wasnt talking about you being a smart ass previous answers before you some smartass said "i dont have to answer from a stupid list" like a two year old and i was talking to him other than that i wasnt talking to you and i know what you mean about virgil to me he didnt even have to be on the list he's everyones fav that goes without saying he needs no into.

So you really took it PERSONAL that my fav. drummer wasn't on YOUR list?
You feel attacked when I say I don't pick a drummer from your list? (please note that in the original message I didn't say "stupid" list).
Well that makes perfect sense..
I never meant to insult anyone here grindkatalyst, and this is centainly no stupid threat. If you want a real stupid threat, go to ICM's double bass double bass double bass threat:)
Can't we all just get along? *drama intonation*

twotails
12-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Gary Husband, Phil Collins (early jazz-rock stuff), Chris Maitland
in fact all drummers who are going beyond their technical skills and having fun in kicking aside conventions.

morgenthaler
12-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Great point twotails

grindkatalyst
12-11-2005, 06:12 PM
i didnt make a big list because then people would have complained even more, that it was to big of a list... so no offense to other drummers just had to make a quick list... of course i could have put jojomayer, virgil donati, josh freese, james king, hell hammer, nick barker, tony loreno, dave lombardo, but didnt have time so sorry if i offended any body..... (gasps)

Ludwig
01-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Dave Weckl of course, Virgil Donati, John Bonham, Whiper, Steve Smith and in the end my profesors: Goran Evetovic and Stanko Patarcic

ProgrockD
01-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Virginio? Can't say I've heard of him...but I have heard of VIRGIL Donati..they bros or something? Cus..cus...I haven't heard of that guy..m..may..maybe you have them confused? I'm not sure..but you might have them confused...or you could've just spelled his frickin' name wrong!!!

Chill howdy...

Yeah that's His REAL name Translated into English from his Italian Name...
Wouldn't you go by Virgil too if you name had the word VIRGIN in it?

Catcha later.

Matthias
01-04-2006, 01:58 AM
"On The Verginio".

Hmmm.

Is it too late to reprint the album cover?

Haha :D !!

I think Virgil can deal with anyone who doesn't list him as his favourite drummer.