PDA

View Full Version : Exercise for Doubles

quitou
11-08-2003, 06:59 PM
Hey Guys,
I was going through Steve Smith's DVD again today and he describes a certain exercise, which he uses for his hands, that I think would work great for the feet as well.....

RRLLRRLLRRLLRRLL
RLRLRLRLRLRLRLRL
RLLRRLLRRLLRRLLR
LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR
LLRRLLRRLLRRLLRR
LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR
LRRLLRRLLRRLLRRL
RLRLRLRLRLRLRLRL

Looks a lot like the exercises that came with Virgil's MD video, but this specific one was not written out on his sheet....I think it looks like a good exercise for developing doubles....wadda you guys think????

timthedrummer
11-08-2003, 07:55 PM
yeh looks good to me :D

Lucius
11-08-2003, 08:31 PM
I think it would be a damn good exercise, also, I think to improve co-ordination and hands, play a sticking pattern with the hands alternating with that feet exercise, just a suggestion! Man drums is an endless journey of new ideas and fun! :D

drumurderz
11-10-2003, 02:25 PM
does anyone have a copy of the actual written out exercises from the MD festival 1997. I recently bought the video but it didnt come with the exercises.

peter
11-10-2003, 02:35 PM
Sorry, drumurderz. :(

The exercise looks good.
It cycles through and this
is what you want. :)

johnz
07-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Hey Guys,
I was going through Steve Smith's DVD again today and he describes a certain exercise, which he uses for his hands, that I think would work great for the feet as well.....

RRLLRRLLRRLLRRLL
RLRLRLRLRLRLRLRL
RLLRRLLRRLLRRLLR
LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR
LLRRLLRRLLRRLLRR
LRLRLRLRLRLRLRLR
LRRLLRRLLRRLLRRL
RLRLRLRLRLRLRLRL

Looks a lot like the exercises that came with Virgil's MD video, but this specific one was not written out on his sheet....I think it looks like a good exercise for developing doubles....wadda you guys think????

I do the same exercise while adding the feet at the same time (Thomas Lang suggestion).

I have so many instructional DVD's that I refer to regularly (i.e. Steve Smith; John Blackwell; Virgil; Dave Weckl; Tommy Igoe etc. etc.) that I find myself subconsiously creating exercises based on a potpouri of all of them.

I better watch out, I may be creating a monster.

JohnZ

MasterEmmicy
07-08-2005, 02:03 PM
Yah that's an excellent doubles-chops builder. I find I personally like to use hugga-dugga-burr's...

RLRL(RR)(LL)(RR)(LL)
RLRL(RR)(LL)(RR)(LL)
RLRLRLRL
(RR)(LL)(RR)(LL)(RR)(LL)(RR)(LL)

Good stuff, man.

roxz
07-12-2005, 08:11 AM
Slow(70 bpm 16th) rrllrrllrrllrrll.... for an hour helps alot too

Just listen to a cd and let the muscle memory kick in! :D

johngregson
07-12-2005, 03:24 PM
does anyone have a copy of the actual written out exercises from the MD festival 1997. I recently bought the video but it didnt come with the exercises.

Here's the first page...I'll add the 2nd page below (there's a size limit for the attachments y'see).
John.

johngregson
07-12-2005, 03:28 PM
And here's the second!
Enjoy, and happy practicing...
John.

Drummer519
07-12-2005, 05:41 PM
And here's the second!
Enjoy, and happy practicing...
John.
Did you actually post it? What type of file is it and why don't I see it?

Thanks!

DavidPartay
07-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Only members can view attachments ;).

Now that you're a member it should no longer be a problem ;).

johngregson
07-13-2005, 04:17 AM
Cool! I got someone to register!

cjcdrums
07-13-2005, 12:21 PM
Dude I got like eight people to register!

This damn hair keeps hanging over my eyes... aRGh!

jmorello
09-28-2005, 11:25 PM
This Is All Really Good Stuff But Lets Get Back To The Beginning "the Bible" Its The Oldest And The Best " Stick Control" By Henry Stone Try It For Your Hands, Try It For Your Feet, Its The Best Chop Builder Ever.......

IronCobraMan
09-28-2005, 11:27 PM
i think any combination of rudiments etc is gonna help ur technique.... doing stick control patterns on ur feet is the best tho

cycling thru this one is good for singles

Rlll Rlll Rlll RRRl RRRl RRRl