PDA

View Full Version : Pics from Baked Potato November 12th, 2005!

Christopher
11-13-2005, 03:39 PM
Hey guys,

Everytime I wake up the next morning from a Virgil gig at the Baked Potato I ask myself..."What the hell can I post that will surpass the last pic post that I made?". This band is simply amazing. They are incredibly tight and just don't stop WOW'ing everybody who passes by. Of course Virgil is ALWAYS impressive as his drums were sounding absolutely fantastic last night. Yes, it was the midnight fade kit which he brought with him. He was on fire as usual, along with the "Taste Police" Rufus Philpot and the "Pyramids on Mars master" Michel Forman. :)

The Baked Potato was packed to the brim as this trio once again delivered their magic through their instruments. Mitch particularly impressed me with his creative use of strings and various tones throughout both sets. EVERYONE was hungry for fusion last night, and the crowd was absolutely amazing.

I can't wait to hear the feedback from all you aussies when this same exact trio comes down to Oz in December (dates still being confirmed).

Anyway, I'll get straight to the pics...Enjoy!

Cheers!

Christopher
11-13-2005, 03:41 PM
Here are some more...

ataraxia
11-13-2005, 05:03 PM
cool pics. you aussies are in for a treat.

i figure that one third of the band is australian and they're touring oz .... so by that logic, are they going to tour the UK soon?? (fingers crossed)

yyzke
11-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Sweet pics !! What is that silver/black pad mounted just to the right of Virgil's 10 x 4 snare ??

bateria
11-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Sweet pics !! What is that silver/black pad mounted just to the right of Virgil's 10 x 4 snare ??

That's what I was going to ask...

Royrksdrums777
11-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Awsome chris!!!! Remeber me, I was the one with the camera and you said I couldn't record!!!! It's me Roy!! I'm totally going to the DEC 10th gig. This band is just unbelievably amazing especially in their improv skills. For those of you who are going, bring extra cash for merchandise. Last time I got a cool Virgil Donati Band shirt.

Here's the August 13'th gig @ the baked potato!!!

morgenthaler
11-14-2005, 12:27 AM
@yyzke & Bateria: As a "used to be Remo-pusher" I can tell you it's a Tunable Sound Shape!
They are quite cool, with a distinct snappy high tension sound.

http://www.remo.com/portal/products/4/528/531/tss_maximum_range.html

frank
11-14-2005, 05:57 AM
Cool pics! Can't wait to see Virgil perform with Rufus some day..!

C.J.
11-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the pics!

Makes me wanna decorate my room like that wall full of promo-posters...

yyzke
11-14-2005, 04:01 PM
@ Morgenthaler
Thanks - 1st time i've noticed that on Virgil's kit.

Dillinger
11-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Cheers for the awesome pics and story Christopher. I can't wait for Virgil to return to Australia next month! It's going to be unbelievable.

Christopher
11-17-2005, 11:26 AM
Awsome chris!!!! Remeber me, I was the one with the camera and you said I couldn't record!!!! It's me Roy!! I'm totally going to the DEC 10th gig. This band is just unbelievably amazing especially in their improv skills. For those of you who are going, bring extra cash for merchandise. Last time I got a cool Virgil Donati Band shirt.

Here's the August 13'th gig @ the baked potato!!!
Hey Roy!

Of course I remember you. How's everything? Still practicing hard?

Looking forward to see you on December 10th! It should be an awesome show as always!