PDA

View Full Version : wow, this board grew alot

Tom24
11-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Today, after a long time, i entered this message Board again, and it just incredibly grew. There are people that have more 500 Posts.
And there are only few people i know, cause back in the time when the old ugly board with the loads of pop up ads was used, and even Virgils sister in law (if i remember correctly) was there, the members where countable with one or two hands. Now it's pretty amazing here, many news, pictures, experienced ppl and so on :D

...just a thought

bootdogs
11-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Thank Christopher for that!

I remember those days on that bad msgboard too. Though I know that ezboard.com was popup freiendly before it started to get crazy. I think it's around that time that a lot of people started to care less.

Im happy that this board is here now. SO many great people here.

Milo Porto
11-05-2003, 05:38 PM
i second that!:D *thumbs up*

peter
11-05-2003, 06:03 PM
Thank you, Christopher.

Thank you, Virgil.

The world will never be the
same because of you. :)

alencore
11-05-2003, 09:46 PM
I fourth that.

This forum RULE all drumming forums as far as i'm concern!

the dedicated members alone Rock this forum so much Virgil can just sit there and relax.

Milo Porto
11-05-2003, 10:22 PM
LOL! *picture virgil pacing up and down the room, everytime someone posts something he gets figity....*

yup...this forum..is a no frills forum.....everyone is legit, honest bout their opinions, willing to help, no bullshit here!! :D

lets not start craping in this forum...keep it up! :D :D :D

jonberg
11-06-2003, 04:41 AM
Yeah, really a great job you have done Christopher.
And all of you other guys are just great!
Cheers!

quitou
11-06-2003, 07:25 AM
I must agree with all of you....this board is unlike anything I've ever seen....the people here are fantastic and willing to share ideas and are really helpful....I've learned so much stuff from everyone here....Thanks Virg and Christopher!!!!

Milo Porto
11-06-2003, 11:07 AM
thanx to you guys i manage to make the right choice of buying the pearl eliminators instead of the irons!

thanx again guys...if not for you guys i'd be looking at eliminator owners with envy now! :)

Tom24
11-06-2003, 11:34 AM
@alencore

there are other Drumming boards? :D

@Peter

agreed

peter
11-06-2003, 12:06 PM
There's only one Virgil's. :D

DavidPartay
11-06-2003, 01:23 PM
Tom24 - I think I remember your name from those EzBoard days, back when I used the callsign 'Shon-dahre'.

I would have to say that my belief for this forum being so good is because each drummer here has matured both mentally and in their playing to the level of knowing and understanding Virgil's ability, and since that maturity is already pre-defined, this forum is a LOT nicer to be on than a lot of other drumming forums because it's a more focused group of people. I visit the Remo forum, for example, and things are a bit touchier there because people have more of a range of interests, but there's also a lot of less mature people and players which makes things more interesting in regards to discussions when people get heated up...

Also - Thankyou Virgil for giving all of us the best reason to play drums! Ambition!

alencore
11-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Tom24
@alencore

there are other Drumming boards? :D

I know but I'm too lazy to even register or even browse other drum forums. Maybe at Buddy's forum I might throw some wacky shit there.

This drum forum feels like home already. And it's well design.

I won't ever leave it unless i get banned bec. i posted a serial no. or something...eeekkk!!!

Tom24
11-08-2003, 06:25 PM
@ DavidPartay

hey, yes ;) u are still in my icq list ;) Mr "I r DonDons"
no serious, i actually never visited another drumming Board than this one, maybe this is because Virgil is the only that i know, with whom i never find myself not liking any tunes, i guess he's just hitting, and also formed, my taste of drumming quite alot, and i never didnt care too much about other drummers. Another reason might be, that i dont have the money to buy new stuff for my kit, so i'm more interested in making the old one sound good, than looking out for expensive stuff, which i will never own ;)
that keeps me away rom the boards of the drum companies.

about your last sentence: yes, agreed, i thik without virgil i would have given up the drums some time ago.

Besides that, i wonder how many of the people here, consider drumming as their primary profession. For me it's just a hobby, that i hopefully can keep alive, and gives me alot of balance between work and freetime, whilst keeping something in comming , the mathematics ;)