PDA

View Full Version : Original guitar compositions...

JMag44
10-30-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, I lurk this board daily and Im an extreme fan of Virg and his work as well as many other drummers, but alas I am a guitar player. I appreciate the sophistication of this board so I thought Id look to you guys for some feedback.

The following link takes you to 2 solo guitar pieces Ive recorded primarily for the soundtrack of a student documentary film project Im working on. Ive been experimenting a lot with this percussive 2-handed tapping technique and these are the first two compositions Ive worked through to showcase some of its interesting results. I also play a lot of progressive fusion-ish lead/improv stuff (I love to jam to OTV, PX, CAB, meshuggah, et cetera) but I havent found a good way to record my heavier overdriven tone.

www.purevolume.com/jemm

The recording level is really low for some reason so turn up those speakers. Also keep in mind these were done in one take.

Thanks in advance,
Jeremy

bateria
10-30-2005, 07:08 PM
That's awesome man. I really like the tapping. You use it really tastefully. And nice compositions as well, relaxing to listen to. Nice work!

How long have you been playing?

JMag44
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
That's awesome man. I really like the tapping. You use it really tastefully. And nice compositions as well, relaxing to listen to. Nice work!

How long have you been playing?

Thanks for the kind words. I think Ive been playing for 8-9 years now or since 7th/8th grade (im now 21)

Markdude465
10-30-2005, 08:48 PM
*faints*

Wow!... very, very nice work (minus the recording methods). You will go far. Very far. But... Why on earth would you play all that on a guitar? Consider investing in a chapman stick. It just makes sense.

I'd swear this were Greg Howard if I didn't know better... I'll be looking for when your album hits. Cheers.

Dillinger
10-31-2005, 01:52 AM
Hey man, those songs were really cool hey. I was loving it. Great playing and really well written/composed. You're quite the guitarist, to say the very least. Well done man. Post some more stuff when you get a chance to record it and whatnot. Thanks for sharing.

frank
10-31-2005, 02:39 AM
Great stuff!! Wow you're good! I love that stuff!

roxz
10-31-2005, 05:10 AM
try get a copy of cubase sx and a simple mixer and a computer ofcourse...=>

Good recording this way... Good playing

Markdude465
10-31-2005, 06:15 AM
and for the software, there's always ...gro.avoninim.www ;)

stefan_vortex
11-06-2005, 04:22 PM
cool i like it

Images&Words
11-06-2005, 04:54 PM
Those songs are amazing! You're definitely going places!

Awesome!

johngregson
11-11-2005, 02:16 PM
Dude! That's some great stuff!
Really superb playing, mate, I look forward to hearing more from you.
John.

P.S. The Line6 POD (standard, or LIve floorboard version) gets a really good distortion tone for direct recording, by the way.

frank
11-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Dude! That's some great stuff!
Really superb playing, mate, I look forward to hearing more from you.
John.

P.S. The Line6 POD (standard, or LIve floorboard version) gets a really good distortion tone for direct recording, by the way.

Dude!! I made a thread especially for you!! Where the F have you been? :p
You can't just go and abandon boards like that for a month! :)

ataraxia
11-11-2005, 06:57 PM
cool music. really cool influences as well. keep up the good work.