PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Bissonette

quitou
10-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Hey Guys,
Anybody here seen or heard Gregg Bissonette play???? I ordered a CD of his last week because I'm really interested in hearing him play. The only drumming of his I have heard or seen is a couple of clips at drummer world and I've also purchased a few of his cyber lessons at the virtual drum school....I also have an older CD of Joe Satriani where Greg plays drums, but he plays pretty simple in this CD and doesn't really get an opportunity to let loose....from what I hear, he is an incredibly versatile player....anybody have any opinions on his playing????

kirk
10-30-2003, 07:59 PM
Hey Quitou, I have seen Gregg 3 times live granted it was with
David Lee Roth, still a good band with Vai and Sheehan. I have never been to impressed. A good solid drummer but not at all ground breaking, he is versatile but as in he is fairly good in a few different styles but not Amazing in any, that is just my personal opinion though. Have heard him with Carlton and Satriani and a few others and again solid but not at all Stand Out.

Kirk

Christopher
10-30-2003, 11:16 PM
Saw him 2 times about 10 years ago. Great player. I loved his playing on Jughead a lot. I also love his brother's style on the bass.

Gregg and Virgil are also great friends.

Cheers!

timthedrummer
10-31-2003, 01:29 AM
yeh nothing ground breaking but good nontheless- he has some real nice solo's on the 'submarine' album

jonberg
10-31-2003, 03:04 AM
I agree, very good drummer, but nothing groundbreaking or jawdropping.

STAVROPOULOS
10-31-2003, 07:54 AM
hey guys!
you all listen to LIVE IN OSAKA-Carlton/Lukather and then i think that you will trully like this album and Gregg's playing!Check it out quitou,believe me it's worth it!
hails!

alencore
10-31-2003, 08:03 AM
Ah good old Greggy. He's the first international drummer i saw live some years ago in a drum clinic. I love that GB's clinic as much as I love VG's clinic. Gregg is really a good rock drummer. He can swing and play latin in his own grooveful way though.

Rob from GGOD
10-31-2003, 05:49 PM
I went to Gregg's clinic in Sydney in 2001 - perhaps some of you may not have had the chance to see him in action like this before because MY jaw sure as hell dropped. He's a great versatile, innovative drummer and a great bloke. One of the things I enjoyed most about the clinic was his connection with the audience and his clarity in communicating and axplaining what he plays. Maybe its something in the australian air.

alencore
11-01-2003, 03:01 AM
Yeah the guy is at ease explaining things and could connect to the crowd as any charismatic rocker can.

quitou
11-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Just received my copy of Gregg's "submarine" cd....haven't listenned to it yet....but I think I will as soon as finish typing this post....I'll let you guys know what I think about it later....

quitou
11-03-2003, 02:54 PM
What alencore and Rob from GGOD say about his enthusiasm and ability to communicate ideas is very true....I have purchased some of his cyber lessons from virtual drummer school and he is very animated and explains stuff very well....you can tell he really loves his job...

peter
11-03-2003, 03:03 PM
I hear great things about Gregg, though
admittedly, have had very little contact
with his work. His reputation precedes
him and all positive. :)