PDA

View Full Version : Just got the roland td12!!!!

PHILadiddle
10-01-2005, 05:30 PM
it rulez. just having all the extra sounds for different kits/percussion has inspired me to practice more. in the last 3 days i've probably practiced 15ish hours. the practicing becomes like a drug. i even worked on some pipe band stuff on the practice pad for a couple hours (watching fists of fury on spike tv)

i think i'll sell my acoustic kit. anyone want a 7 pc yamaha stg custom with 2 crashes (16") 3 splashes (8",10",12"), hi-hat, ride, and cowbell?

PolyOstinato
10-01-2005, 06:17 PM
It's a cool kit. I've played it at work and think it has some great sounds.

What grade pipe band stuff are you playing? Are you in a band? I used to be in and eventually lead the Univ. of Chicago PB (Grade 3) drum corps and also played a few years in CCAL (grade 2) in Chicago. I love the style of drumming. It's technical but also very musical.

SyncopatedChaos
10-01-2005, 06:38 PM
yess this kit is awesome, i own the td 6 but i work at guitar center and of all of them that is by far my favorite to play on..

PHILadiddle
10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
What grade pipe band stuff are you playing? Are you in a band?
the next highland games i play at i'll be competing in the grade 3 solo. i'm learning some scores that are about grade 2 or 1. i'm just trying to push myself to go farther. the band i'm in is all beginners though. not even ready to compete as a band. we have a great instructor, that's why i'm in it. he's about 40, i'm 24, and every other drummer is 15 and under.

(i got off to a late start with pipe band, only been doing for a couple years)

D. Slam
10-06-2005, 05:40 AM
Roland makes the Absolute best E-drums, hands down.... It's the TD-20 that rules, though!

D.