PDA

View Full Version : Mozart

alencore
10-23-2003, 08:35 AM
I just bought a dvd copy (my vhs copy getting worned out) of that movie Amadeus. It's about Mozart obviously and some of his struggles in his life as a composer and musician till his death though i don't know if the ending or th movie itself is really accurate.

I love the scene where he blows Salieri's own composition to a higher level of form in front of the king and the whole snobbish though not all counsil or so.

Milo Porto
10-23-2003, 10:16 PM
didnt see that movie dude......but i like the shine ....:D

alencore
10-24-2003, 08:33 AM
yeah that gifted pianist who went nuts after playing the hardest piano piece ever, right?

Xen-
10-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Mozart has pushed music to the limit of the sense that is hearing. I'll try doing that. :D

alencore
10-25-2003, 09:37 AM
Mozart talent was enormous. That scene were he showed how he can play a tune after one hearing only and making Saleiri's composition to soar way way up so high Saleiri felt nothing but just a mediocre composer.

Mozart was just too proud of himself though.

Milo Porto
10-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by alencore
Mozart talent was enormous. That scene were he showed how he can play a tune after one hearing only and making Saleiri's composition to soar way way up so high Saleiri felt nothing but just a mediocre composer.

Mozart was just too proud of himself though.

hey...! when you are good....you are good....no one can take that away from you..!:D

alencore
10-27-2003, 10:14 AM
i totally agree.
well, a little modesty wont hurt either.

jonberg
10-29-2003, 04:45 AM
Well, even if you are really good, you are still human. Look at Virgil, one of the best drummers
alive and he is a real gentleman. I believe that really good proffesional musicians are often the most humble persons
you can find. There are exceptions of course =)

alencore
10-29-2003, 12:27 PM
I totally agree on that Jon.

Milo Porto
10-29-2003, 01:12 PM
there are a couple of pretty good musicians here in singapore..but sad to say some of them have their noses up their arse!! :mad:
if only people can just be a bit more humble and SHARE their knoledge.....here in Singapore you gets lots of people, holding back cos they want to be the best and the only one...! its really sad...reaaaal sad...but i belive in one thing.. (he who claims to be the master is the student, on the other hand, he who claims to be the student is the master)

follow this saying and in no time you will be a good musician and a good person as well..!! :D

jonberg
10-30-2003, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Milo Porto
(he who claims to be the master is the student, on the other hand, he who claims to be the student is the master)
:D

Thatīs really true Milo!!!
I feel sorry for them who canīt be human just because theyīre good. That is a shame!

Milo Porto
10-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by jonberg
Thatīs really true Milo!!!
I feel sorry for them who canīt be human just because theyīre good. That is a shame!

if anyone who comes up to me and ask me on personal advice or tips on drumming ...i owuld gladly...help them out in every way that i can...but the problem here is that no one here really asks...and even if i ask, i would feel that they would be holding back a lot of info..!! *shrugs* oh well...i guess...what they say is true...you are your best teacher!

mauricio
10-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Here in Brazil we have a fucking competition thing within the drumming community, and itīs VERY VERY bad. There are incredibly talented players here, but they all (almost all) have this defensive "secrecy" thing going on, kinda like what Milo talked about. That sucks major ass.

timthedrummer
10-31-2003, 02:41 AM
well that explains why they're all still in brazil- they wont get anywhere being arrogant- when im with my drumming friends we actually bag out arrogant drummers- there's nothing better than a nice, humble good drummer. it makes them so much better when they're humble and giving of their knowledge...

alencore
10-31-2003, 08:58 AM
here it's not that bad in term of drummers being friends to one another. in fact they are the most friendliest bunch amongst other musicians. there are rivalry but healthy enough.