PDA

View Full Version : Wuz up Brett LeE!!

Milo Porto
10-15-2003, 10:47 PM
wuuuuz up!!!! :D

BrettLee
10-16-2003, 03:36 AM
Yo dude! I'm fine here.. Just that nothing much to say here lately.. But I've been checking out this forum quite regularly...
HOw's drumming treating ya? hehe..

Milo Porto
10-16-2003, 02:07 PM
drumming has been treating me very very very very good! thanx for asking BUT i think anybody who is into drumming will find that drumming will always treat you damn good!! :D

so how are things back home for ya!! i heard bout the ridiculous religous laws that Kelantan and trengganu is are coming up with..My goD ...dont know if you have heard of it...but one of their rulez that they are going to apply is this : any muslim who wants to leave the muslim faith will be punished by death!
this law in trengganu!

dont know if its true or not..correct me if im wrong..!

in Kelantan...there shall be no women alowed to be put on posters..or adverts ! :mad:

this laws make me real MAD!! :mad: :mad:

i feel that people should draw a line between religon and humanity!! :mad:

anyways aside from that wuz been happening to you drumming wize! :D

what do you do anyways??:D

BrettLee
10-16-2003, 07:11 PM
Haha.. It's all quite true, especially in Kelantan, cause that state is ruled by an Islamic party call 'PAS' (Parti Islam Semalaysia), and I pitty the muslims living there, cause of all the ridiculous rules they enforce.. Can't really enjoy the fruits of life over there I guess.. keke.. :)

Actually I've just recently gigged for my current band, "Obsidian Void" last week, at a small underground pub. It was the band's first ever gig. And fortunately, we managed to put it through and the crowd were very supportive and cheered alot.. We did 2 original songs, a DT medley, and a cover song from Nevermore..All played within our half hour slot given. It was a metal gig, and we were sharing stage with other cool local metal bands!

What a show it was. And I've never felt so tired after a gig, cause this is the first time I'm playing in a progMetal band.. previously I was mainly playing melower prog stuff (ala. RUSH) from my previous band.

I have my regular 9-5 (wait a minute, 9 - 7 actually!) job..as a nerdy computer programmer. I survived, thankfully because my office has internet connectivity..hence, I'm able to check this space quite regularly at work!! (and also hunt for drumming media goodies)..

Wah.. alot to talk about.. I let you tell yours first.. :p

Milo Porto
10-16-2003, 09:41 PM
me...i play drums for a living and not forgetting passion..:D

i play nites at a club in Singapore

also i have my own prog metal band APHELION
www.aphelion.8m.net

my life pretty much fixed....nite life! in Singapore you dont really get much people into bands!
they are more into drum and bass, trance, progresive hip-hop....etc...

dont get me wrong..there are people here who are into metal....*band stuff* but just not as much as i like it to be...!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BrettLee
10-17-2003, 12:13 AM
Wow! How I wish I can be a fulltime working drummer! But unfortunately, it's quite impossible here in Malaysia, unless you are really good, and do take alot of effort in spreading your name around, making yourself known to the public. There isn't much huge fanbase for prog music here in Malaysia, I feel.. Mostly are into commercial stuff, u know, stuff that's being played on the radio.. (which sux btw, no musical values) and all those grunge rock, nu-metal shit.. hehe

Milo Porto
10-17-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by BrettLee
Wow! How I wish I can be a fulltime working drummer! But unfortunately, it's quite impossible here in Malaysia, unless you are really good, and do take alot of effort in spreading your name around, making yourself known to the public. There isn't much huge fanbase for prog music here in Malaysia, I feel.. Mostly are into commercial stuff, u know, stuff that's being played on the radio.. (which sux btw, no musical values) and all those grunge rock, nu-metal shit.. hehe

hmmm.nu-metal...i personally like DISTURBED...i think the drummer lays really solid grooves..with the guitar and the bass!!

slipknot..*although some people here might disagree* but i think they are kick ass too!! the power behind the music is intense! you can almost feel the guys about to blow their top! :D

BrettLee
10-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Woah.. Well, guess what?! I am into the music of Disturbed too. They just do their thing so damn right. Music sounds great, 'Down with da sickness..' Love the drum intro.. ekek...Recently Linkin Park came down here.. I didn't even bothered.. keke.. Heard some said that the sound system was bad.. Oh well... Now, when is Dream Theater ever coming to Malaysia? As promised by Mike himself?? :D :D

timthedrummer
10-20-2003, 12:03 AM
they have the death penaltly for not sticking to the muslim faith? how do they go about that? thats crazy

Milo Porto
10-20-2003, 12:44 AM
beats me! :rolleyes:

all i know is that these extrremist are sick/ fucked in the HEAD!

Milo Porto
10-20-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by BrettLee
Woah.. Well, guess what?! I am into the music of Disturbed too. They just do their thing so damn right. Music sounds great, 'Down with da sickness..' Love the drum intro.. ekek...Recently Linkin Park came down here.. I didn't even bothered.. keke.. Heard some said that the sound system was bad.. Oh well... Now, when is Dream Theater ever coming to Malaysia? As promised by Mike himself?? :D :D

if DT will be going Malaysia..then they should be here in singapore as well ya! :p

BrettLee
11-01-2003, 09:40 AM
Yo Milo! Sorry for the late reply.. I've not forgotten about this thread you've kindly created :) Dream Theater coming to M'sia? Hmm.. I doubt it, I wonder how much it would cost them to travel all the way here, and hold a concert. I think it's gonna involve very huge amount of $$, and also considering the small fan base they have over here.. I think it's not worth the travel .. YET.. hehe

I've been listening to alot of Vinnie Colaiuta stuff lately.. Listening to his drumming in Karizma : Live in the bake potato album.. Simply awesome.. Flawless drumming.. Also.. Virgil's OTV : Serious Young Insects album..Brilliant!! Oooohh getting inspired everyday listenin to these cats!!

Milo Porto
11-01-2003, 11:47 AM
cats...cats...!! they are not cats they are Lions!! LOL!:D

BrettLee
11-04-2003, 01:57 AM
Haha..So, Milo, having fun with your new drum toy eh? do u have a pic of your drumkit for me to drool on? Sigh.. poor me, just stuck with some sticks and a practise band (with a stand of course ;))..